1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dynamo Trade For Jaqua

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RocketFan007, Jul 3, 2007.

1. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=443228&cc=5901

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

meh...

Was this necessary? Goals haven't been a problem lately and Ching is back from national team duty.

3. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

It looks like Davis maybe out for the year, so we might need the offense.

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4942244.html

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I've never been impressed with Jaqua, in fact I would go so far as to say that he sucks. But we gave up Gray to get him, who I also think sucks so it's kind of a wash. Hopefully Jaqua can prove me wrong.

And that really sucks about Davis, hopefully Holden or Ashe will be able to step up and fill in for him.

5. Rockets10

Rockets10 Contributing Member

I think it was a decent deal. No question that Jaqua hasn't played well thus far this year, but he has been decent in the past. Gray has been pretty poor, so no loss there. At the very least Jaqua will be an alternative to Wondolowski who has been awful in 1st team games. Given the schedule over the next month with 10 games to be played, no question that the regulars can't play every minute and quality backups will be needed.

6. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

...and Jagua gets his first goal for the Dynamo! I like the deal so far.

7. Astro101

Astro101 Member

And what an absolute beauty of a goal by Ngwenya...wow.

8. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

That was a crazy goal

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I hope hes not hurt

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Wow...this team is really, really good.

11. DrLudicrous

Ngwenya was considered an under performer before coming here, now he's scored 6 goals for us. Jaqua was considered trash in LA and scored 1 goal the entire time he was there, he's already matched that here. We've had young guys like Holden and Ianni step into the starting lineup and not miss a beat. When 4 players left for national team games the team stepped it up.

These guys truly play as a team and as long as you're willing to work and try to fit in good things will happen.

12. Techrecruit

Techrecruit New Member

I agree Davis is donzo

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Well didn't see a thread and I"m excited as I was able to watch a Dynamo game last night...It was on ESPN2 against Chicago...Amazing goals and plays....

14. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

Holden has been a beast lately filling in for Davis. This trade is nothing big.

15. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

HOlden is a midfielder, Jaqua is a striker. Holden leads the Dynamo in assists and Jaqua at 6'3" is a big target for Holden to find. This was a good trade and gives the Dynamo even more depth which is important since Superliga starts soon.

16. DrLudicrous

Jaqua spent a lot of time as a midfielder for Chicago and played his best in that role. He knows how to use his size to fend of defenders with the ball at his feet but isn't that good in the air. He's tall but doesn't have much of a vertical leap, he did do a good job getting to a couple of headers last night though.

So far though we've only used him as a forward though and I don't see that changing.

Also, last night we set the record for longest shutout streak in league history. It would have been nice to get the win along with the record though.