1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dynamo] Offseason thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DrLudicrous, Nov 17, 2009.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

It looks like Rico is going to sign with Eintracht Frankfurt in Germany pending the medical.

http://www.soccer365.com/americans_abroad/story_19110135837.php

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

3. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[CHRON]Dynamo, developer in talks on possible SW Houston stadium site

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/soc/6837680.html

I personally prefer a downtown stadium. :eek: It will be fair for everyone.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would also prefer a downtown stadium but, at this point, I'd much rather to keep the team in Houston. Mayor Parker seems like she isn't as receptive to the idea of any political perception that she's funding a stadium with public funds, not that Mayor White was acting with any urgency these past few years.

I've always been against the idea of a stadium in suburbs. Locations like that have killed MLS attendance in other cities. Centrality is key to a growing league. The Galleria isn't downtown, but it's still close enough that people will make their way down there for a game if they live in the East End or something.

6. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

All I want is a new stadium, decent parking and a location closer to my side of town.

Downtown would be more prestigious of a venue, but at this point as long as it is close to the SW, I will be good.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'd have to assume this frees Cameron to move into the central midfield. I liked Serioux in his time with the Dynamo. I'm not sure what he's done since then.

8. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Hopefully this trade pans out better then the Kevin Harmse deal.

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Oh yeah, any word on if the Dynamo will be broadcast on non-cable or spanish television channels this season?

10. DrLudicrous

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/soc/6928593.html

Wade Barrett was left off of the final roster for this season. He lost his starting job last year and had a pretty hefty salary so it's not too surprising, and after today his contract would have been guaranteed for the year. The Dynamo have a press conference scheduled for tomorrow, if it's regarding Barrett my guess is it would be that he's joining the coaching staff. It could also be to announce Lovel Palmer though.

11. DrLudicrous

12. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

What's are projected starting roster looking like? I hope Landin can contribute this season.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think everyone hopes Ladin lives up to our hopes.

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

He is pretty good on FIFA 10... ;)

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Can we close this thread already? First game is one and done already. :eek:

I am REALLY REALLY disappointed in Luis Ángel Landín... :( he better lose some pounds and take advantage of the few opportunities he gets to score... neither one of those has happened... I thought he had enough time to fix both issues.

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Well he looks ever so slightly slimmer than last season and he hustled a bit more yesterday but the guy is just not pulling his weight-no pun intended.

Fair result though for the first game. I never miss the Orange when they come up to Frisco and it's always great to see as much if not Orange in the stands than Red and White.

Always such a shame to see such a stadium like PHP be half filled(if that) for a game much less the season opener. No doubt if it was in Htown the Orange supporters would fill that stadium to the hilt.

We may not win it all this season but despite our player losses, ain't no doubt Dom. Kinnear will have our guys competing at 110%.