1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dynamo] at Seattle Sounders FC

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by mtbrays, Jul 11, 2009.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When: Saturday, July 11, 3 PM CST
    Where: Qwest Field, Seattle, WA
    Television: KHOU 11.2
    Radio: 790 AM (English), 850 AM (Spanish)

This is one of the Dynamo's biggest matches of the year and it's their first against expansion, and surprise of the season, Seattle. Houston (9-3-4) sits atop the Western Conference with 31 points, but Sounders FC (6-3-7) is a close third with 25 points. The Orange head to MLS' most hostile atmosphere in Qwest Field, where the Sounders regularly pull in over 30,000 people per game. Former Dynamo forward Nate Jaqua plays for the Sounders and is but one part of their formidable attacking squad alongside 19 year old Freddie Montero and Swedish star Freddie Ljungberg.

Any thoughts on this match? It should be very entertaining!

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I generally don't like b****ing about refs after a game, but gifting Seattle a goal was BS. With the number of players missing for Houston I would have been happy with a tie, as it is the guys that we did have went out there and played hard and deserved the tie, but didn't get it. So it goes.

We'll have our chance for revenge next week in the Open Cup.

3. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Yeah, I missed the first airing of the game but caught the rebroadcast and finally saw the "goal" in question. It definitely looked like the ball wasn't a legit goal but you can see why the refs made that decision without the benefit of instant replay.

It amounts to a running back getting a touch down when only his helmet got across the line and not the ball.

4. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I don't care what your vantage point was for that goal. There is no way the entire ball crossed the line.

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that Charlie Villanueva might have been fined for using Twitter during some Bucks games, but I could be wrong. I know he was admonished. Chad Johnson has threatened to Twitter during Bengals games this year, even though he has been threatened with fines if he does.

I like the fact that Brian stuck up for his team when he wasn't there. I met him once at Empire Cafe and he seemed like a nice guy. He's an athlete that all of Houston should be proud of.