1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwyane Wade questions Bulls' loyalty to former players

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AstroRocket, May 27, 2010.

1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...-don-t-measure-heat-s-dwyane-wade-free-agents

Kinda funny how he convienently ignores where the Bulls current GM came from. A lot of teams are like that. I mean, Bird and McHale aren't the Cetlics GM, Ainge is. The little role-playing guards seem to have the inside track on this organizational stuff.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's probably not too clever of him to go public with it, but he does have a point, I have always wondered why it never seemed to be an option that Jordan gets involved with the Bulls in some way.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Maybe it has more to with Jordan's egotistical personality? Perhaps he wanted too much power or felt like he would have no chance of moving higher up in the organization.

Look at what he did to the Wiz when he got there.

And I agree that he should not have gone public with this concern. But honestly, it can't hurt his chances of a team wanting to sign him. If anything it just gives sports writers something else to talk about.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Please, Jordan should have owned that team when you consider how much he made for that franchise.

5. worzel gummidge

My guess is Wade made up his mind to re-sign with Miami a long time ago and is sick of the Chicago media.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

It has more to do with the Chicago owner only using the bulls franchise as a means to obtain funds for his baseball team. If I was wade I wouldn't go there because that owner will never commit to spending the $$$ necessary to win. They look like they're building now, however if they get a max agent, and Rose and Noah are up for extensions, I'm pretty sure the owner will start trimming corners.

7. Raven

Raven Member

If he places so much importance on loyalty then he's obviously going to resign with Miami, right?

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I would say it appears likely. As long as he perceives Miami is treating him right.

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Your guess is as good as mine.....

because i agree...

10. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Hmm...DWade will get flamed if he didn't re-sign :) . With that settled, I think Miami will ante up their Bosh pursuit now.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

so all i get from this statement is that d-wade isn't leaving miami....nor should he.

already won a ring and he is easily on a hall of fame track and he is in miami with crap loads of money and he is nailing gabrielle union now. sure he is taking a hit from his divorce, but who cares...he is in miami and with a much hotter chick now.

12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

So he's gonna talk to LeBron and Johnson only? If so, I hope he doesn't talk to Bosh. We need him to come here!

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

At they very least, he could have engineered a lopsided trade with the Bulls as President of the Wizards, ala Jerry West and the Pau Gasol deal.

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

So if Wade looks towards Houston, does he see how the Rockets treated Calvin Murphy or does he see how so many of our former players are now analysts?

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Wade said that he didn't like Chicago's lack of loyalty BUT DID NOT say he wouldn't move to another team. He said he just wants loyalty from the organization/team that he's going to sign with. Of course he knows Miami has been loyal to him but they need to "continue" to be loyal if he's going to stay. If not, he can just move to another "supportive" organization like the Knicks or something. I mean, the New York media is brutal but those Knick fans embrace virtually all of their Knick players.

If anything, Wade just took Chicago out of the running for his services with Miami still number 1 and every team with cap room is number 2.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

they'll talk to Bosh first

He and Wade share the same agent

17. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Then, Mr. Wade, will you be staying in Miami? No? Not so loyal after all?

18. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

He didn't say he was staying, but I presume that's exactly what he meant. Just a gut feeling here, but my guess is he will stay.

I'm not sure what to think about the fact that these guys will all discuss plans w/ each other ... seems like their conspiring could change the league ...

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

After what he's said the last couple of months, I would be shocked if Wade left Miami. I think you can put it in the bank that he will stay and be joined by another major free agent, likely Amare or Bosh IMO.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, this is what you get when you screw over hi-kwality assletes like Pippen and TMac.