1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwyane Wade: I'll give up partying IF awarded custody

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yobod, Oct 20, 2010.

1. yobod

yobod Member

Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade told a Chicago judge Monday he would be prepared to give up his "partying" lifestyle if he was awarded sole custody of his two sons, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.

Testifying for a second day in a custody battle with his estranged wife Siohvaughn Wade, the NBA All-Star said his oldest son, who is eight, had been "alienated" from him.

Wade said his ex-wife needed help dealing with her anger issues.

He told the court he feared she had harmed herself, and the two boys, when she failed to drop the children off on a court-ordered visit earlier in the year and he could not get in contact with her for more than a day.

“I immediately thought the worst,” he said, “that she probably took them away, that she hurt herself or even hurt the kids.”

The Wades have not spoken since that incident on March 12.

Dwyane Wade said that, if he got sole custody of the two children — the younger son is three years old — he would allow Siohvaughn to have a role in the boys' lives, but only if she got help with her anger.

During his first day of testimony on Friday, Wade said he was the victim of domestic violence at the hands of his ex-wife and denied allegations he used drugs, owned guns, or had ever had a sexually transmitted disease.

Wade also testified that Siohvaughn physically attacked him and threw something at him during an argument.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Miami-Heat-Dwyane-Wade-to-give-up-partying-for-custody-of-children-101810

[​IMG]

I just thought it was funny that Wade and Boozer both had "injuries" the same time they are both going through nasty divorce trials. I doubt they're really injured, probably just trying to have it taken care of before the season starts. Any normal person would change their lifestyle and prove to the Judge that they've really change but not Wade. Wade says, if you let me have my kids I'll change.

2. SunsRocketsfan

i liked Wade before but unfortunately he is on the most hated team now in the NBA with the d-bag Lebron

3. Prince

Prince Member

Wade cheats...

4. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I wonder if that's really the best lawyer-speak for the point he's trying to get across.

Wouldn't it be better to say something like "My boys have caused me to re-evaluate my lifestyle and I've decided its in our best interests if I withdraw from the 'partying' lifestyle".

To out and out say he'd only become more responsible if handed more responsibility sounds r****ded.

1 person likes this.
  5. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

almost as r****ded as giving the kids over to a woman who has anger issues and falls out of contact with the father of her children. without his kids he has no real incentive to be a stay at home guy, but with them he does

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

How is D-Wade gonna juggle four children while working a full-time job? Lebron and Bosh need their daddy to read them bedtime stories too.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Did Jordan ever party?

8. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

Wonder how the judge or jury reacts if they were non heat fans?

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I'm not gonna start disliking Wade because of LeBron and Bosh.

10. xcrunner51

No arguments with either point you made. I'm just saying for as much as the guy is probably paying his lawyers you'd figure he could have a little better coaching on what to say.

Given the wife's propensity for domestic abuse, Wade could play the sympathy card. He didn't. Instead he readily admits he's not that mature either. While it may be more honest, its certainly not something that wins you favor in a custody hearing.

11. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Wade can learn a lesson from the tv show parenthood. Crosby learned the lesson on the show ... being a parent means that you're never off the clock, no matter if you think you are or not.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Wade a damn lie!!! aint nobody givin up the party life in Miami .....and you involved with a attention whorish girlfriend..........MAN PLEASE

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

once you reach the certain age, clubbing and things like that just aren't satisfying anymore.

i mean, when i see peeps tha around 30ish in the club, im like i gotta get out of this club.

kids should be his #1 priority.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

;)
    it was reported that every heat player came into camp with the lowest body fat in their career.

i hate it when people associate partying with laziness. here at UCSF, med/dental/pharm students party like crazy. some of the smartest kids club like every week or throw house parties.

however, in wade's case, he should not have to give up partying b/c of his kids. he should WANT to b/c of his kids. he should devote all of his offcourt time to his kids, who are young and will be easily influenced by whatever come their way.

15. xcrunner51

There's a phenomenon with med students called 'delayed adolescence'. Its the idea that med students can actually act younger (party/drink/etc) than their age because they repressed so much of it during their younger days studying.

I think the concept holds true with a lot of professional athletes. Those guys spent a lot of their youth practicing sports or treating sports like a job rather than just taking the time to be a kid. Consequently now they want to party it up as much as they can when a normal person of Wade's age (28) might be past that stage.

DWade doesn't seem like he'd be a great father anyway, making the statement he did.

16. Prince

Prince Member

Amen on that.

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Before the two princesses came to Miami, I really didn't consider Wade a partier. Things must get rough though when your supporting cast sucks (last year, minus J. Oneal)

He just needs a decent sitter.

He can call up the homies and party at home. Problem solved. ;)

18. yobod

yobod Member

[​IMG]

Party of the century tonight!!! :grin:

19. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

It's call faking an injury because they don't want the hype to die early. seems like their little drama continued on and you won't see them all playing together when the real season start. The injury was definitely staged. I'm surprised people are not seeing it.

20. DontTradeOswalt

[​IMG]