1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight vs. Boogie

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Nov 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Boogies post game has and always will be better than Dwights. And body-wise I dont think Dwight is much bigger.

I dont know about Cousins defense and that's well Dwight is really good. Althou i think he is now overrated on defense because he jumps slow and takes silly fouls.

Dwight has lost a TON of athleticism and that worries me.

Watch how he can only do one big jump (note he can jump extremely high), when younger Centers and Power Forwards can jump consecutively. This is a huge disadvantage on defense.

Dwight is still dwight but while his post game is better, its far from consistent. And with his ability to jump slowly (he can still jump insanely high) this hurts his offense and especially his defense.

2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I never thought I'd say this I can't say that Howard is better than Cousins. I can't say one is better than the other. What I will say is that Cousins is younger and has even more room to improve while Dwight has already reached his peak.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

SMH, People underestimate Dwight. Dwight on Sacramento last year would have got them to 8th seed. Most teams who don''t make it to the palyoffs have defensive problems, Dwight cures that.

4. onreego

onreego Member

How much of the lack of PnR is due to Howard's preference though? We've heard that Dwight isn't the biggest fan of running the play.

I like Howard, but it all comes down to maturity. Like Ariza, Howard needs to accept who is and play within his strengths. A couple post ups here and there are fine but he is one of the most dominant PnR players. Own it.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

It's not a contest, Cousins is better.

6. onreego

onreego Member

None at all? Damn.

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

So based upon the first 12 games of the season you make a statement like this. Imagine if you would have made this statement in the off season. People would think you are delusional.

It really depends on what type of player you want. Defensively Howard is 100x better and to be honest Cousins offensively is 100x better. You can't say one is better than the other.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

How's Dwight vs Cousins on the defensive end?