1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cml750

cml750 Member

The only chance is to push this to the trade deadline and let Orlando get desperate. That is the way Morey grabs the upper hand. We also get the added benefit of seeing if DH is the same player post back surgery which I can tell you from experience he may never be the same again. The Rockets would be foolish to jump into a DH trade without seeing him play.

2. JD88

JD88 Member

Marc Stein: Also told Rockets, even if they unexpectedly land Lin AND Omer Asik, still think they've got Dwight trade offers (yes, plural) to please ORL

3. Third eye

Third eye Member

A million ddollarrrr homeeeeee is 10 million in ny la etc.-enjoy
    The new mass amount of wealth Dwight...bc you'll make more in Hou.
    -oh he never said NO to Hou. He opted bk in when he was going to be traded
    so he could go to BKLN whoops...didn't work kinda like Mavs plans epic fail.
    Anyways Dwight will learn bout Hou...haven't seen him say it out loud
    I hate Houston I won't play...nope
    Just BSPN trying to control the NBA more than Stern does

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    Trade talks "slow" and there is "nothing aggressive" going on in regards to Dwight Howard, source tells Y! Magic patient for right deal.

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

aka Hennigan is waiting on Houston's situations with Lin and Asik.

6. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Magic patient for right deal? Lmao. Seems like nothing is "right" to them. They may end up with NO DEAL eventually.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Sounds like a done deal with HOU. There's no activity because ORL found their trading partner they are just waiting on 2 things:

1. Lin and Asik offer sheet scenarios to play out one way or the other. Trade package will change in different scenarios (one matched, both matched, or none matched). ORL is likely ok with any package but prefers one over the other. Hence, we may see smoke screen reports of who will match or not created by ORL camp.

2. ORL to designate who they would like from the players that HOU made available. The summer league is ORL's showcase. Who sits and who plays are good indicators of this prediction. Parsons and PatPat sitting out actually means they are included so they sit to avoid injury, or they are not included so it gives more PT to other players for ORL to look at. Why would the Rockets include any player on the Summer League squad for one game only. What a waste of resources, which is not a characteristic of Morey.

8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This makes a ton of sense, especially since Marc stein said we have multiple offers on the table. Have we officially signed Asik to an offer sheet yet?

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I think Patterson is not playing because of the surgery he had right after the season.

I don't remember seeing him play in any of the scrimmage footage ? Not sure but don't think he's 100% ready to play.

I do think Parsons is being withheld because he would be a part of any trade to Orlando.That's definitely the one guy I can see them asking for,no matter who else is included.Will hate to see him go.

10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Not yet. Should be after the Lin offer sheet is concluded. Expect it sometime Tuesday or Wednesday. Howard trade probably won't happen for another 2 weeks

11. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

The saga continues... Thanks for the info.

Really hoping Asik gets matched now that Howard looks probable

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Or if NY lets Lin/Houston know that they won't match. Then we can sign Asik right away.

13. Fullcourt

Meh, I wouldn't mind having him backup Howard while Morey shops him the next couple of years. $8M/yr for a quality Center can be easily dealt, particularly if you're just looking to unload him without much compensation.

14. Fullcourt

Sam Amick

15. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

To be honest if we end up trading for Howard Asik isn't worth the cash. I'd rather spend that money on another quality perimeter player.

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Same. Especially since Howard's injury could take a while to recover.

17. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

PLZ keep Lamb and Parsons.. trade anyone else

18. teebone21

teebone21 Member

you mean a backup center that can play until dwights back fully heals? Think my man thnk

19. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Dwight's surgery was before the playoffs. He should be fully healed by training camp. We won't be able to unload Asik at 8 million because he will never play.

20. cml750

cml750 Member

With back surgery, he may be fully healed but he may never be quite the same. I would wait till the trade deadline to see how he is. I know you will probably say that if the docs clear him he should be 100%, but I can tell you from experience he may never be the same. I know I am not even though I have full doc clearance after back surgery and my job doesn't revolve around running and jumping like an NBA player. Unless we can get him cheap which we know that isn't happening, we need to see him play several games before pulling the trigger on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.