1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight says we will be fine without Parsons.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pocketrocket81, Jul 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

This is Dwight's revenge for Parsons telling him during recruitment "We'll be great without you"

2. ribbit

ribbit Member

Dwight understands what is happening. He's been in the league long enough to see players come and go, including him. He understands what Morey is doing. If I'm Dwight, I'd be happy with the hard work Morey is doing to improve this team. It's just that luck didn't go Morey's way this off season.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Reassuring comments from Howard show a quiet inner confidence within himself.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I agree with Morey we need 3 stars. One injury or an opponent shutting down one of Harden or Howard will definitely derail us.

That said, finding that 3rd star to agree to play for us is more challenging than getting those 2 stars, because that 3rd star is worried about fit and FO has to find cap space for that max salary.

So any one of our youngsters or role players in the meantime has to give us elite performance; could be even different ones every night. Or if the bench can be solid for us, we can do well in the regular season.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Those comments about teammates going through a wall for each other just screams rondo.

6. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

My loyalty has always been with the Rockets, not with any single player like Lin-pop or Chan-pop. If you are on the team, you go to war with the palyers you got. Glad to hear Dwight is voicing this opinion right now, as opposed to his past inclination. Hopefully it is a sign of maturity. At least, that is the way I am choosing to take it. Not many teams have 2 top players at their position.

7. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Obviously Howard wouldn't tell the press if we were unhappy. However, this seems genuine. I really believe he likes Houston and its fans. Parsons and him may have been cool but I can imagine Parsons complaining about his paycheck a lot and always wanting attention in that he wants everyone to tell him "Parsons, you're great at basketball. you're the 3rd star." I could imagine that as annoying, he may have been a glue guy on the court, but a guy like that would not be good for the locker room.

Obviously what I said is completely made-up, but given Parson's recent comments and some of the comments he made throughout the past season, it wouldn't surprise me.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dwight from what I've seen is basically incapable of hiding his emotions on issues, he doesn't have that non committal speak ability, the undertones of how he feels always comes out. If he were unhappy, we'll know, soon enough at least. What he said though, there's definitely some animosity towards Parsons.

#88 Aleron, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Well not peeing your pants Everytime wind changes is a good start. I don't know about you but I am tired of all the hand wringing and teeth gnashing but I am really excited about the new culture that Morey is building towards. Morey's most important promise, more so than the 3rd star IMO, is making the team better defensively.

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

PERFECT. Glad he is not sitting here crying about it. We need to win, and we need to do it now while Dwight and Harden here.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

Da story of next week: Parson is offended by D12 of not being upset.

12. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Glad he's at least saying the right things, hopefully that's how he feels.

13. verysimplejason

If only Harden got the same resolve....

14. Raven

Raven Member

It's only been explained a thousand times, because Les & Morey wanted to add a third star and then also add Parsons. That would not have been possible if Parsons had been brought back for a year. It was a calculated gamble. Same with using a 1st to get rid of Lin. People might not agree, but don't pretend you don't understand.

15. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

right just like when Kobe thought they'd be fine when D12 left.

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

Good. From last season's playoffs when Dwight went all out to try to get us to advance, through everything that he has said this offseason (besides those photos from that random high schooler....*ahem*), Dwight has said all of the right things and has the appearance of being completely devoted to winning. Exactly what you need from one of your superstars!

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Terrible comparison. Not surprising, however.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Glad Howard is not crying his eyes out over Parsons. We get enough on this board as is.

Mistakes were made. Recovery efforts are done. Let's move on.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Nope. Agree with CH. The whole concept of a "3rd best player" being so important is an indictment of your best and 2nd-best player. The idea of placing so much importance on the 3rd best player is silly to me anyway. How good does your 4th player need to be? Your 5th? Is there a standard that your 7th best player needs to meet as well? If your 3rd guy doesn't meet the Morey standard, why can't you make up for it with better 4 thru 8 positions instead of half-assing it with guys like Terrence Jones as your starting PF until another superstar lands in your lap? I won't say they won't be "fine" until the off-season is over, but these are some of the questions I have currently. Losing Parsons may be fine as long as other moves are made that we've yet to see.

20. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member