1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight out vs Kings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Nov 25, 2014.

1. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Cousins is gonna tear us a new one without Dwight.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

One night too soon.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kings coach Michael Malone was tossed after 2 quick technicals after arguing with refs in New Orleans. Ex-Jazz coach Ty Corbin now coaching.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/537425019497103361">November 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. archinkent

archinkent Member

Black vs Cousins? Well um...not gonna be pretty.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

except that we had not been talking about leaguewide offenses and what they yield, the discussion was specifically (your best friend)morey's 3's+Paint concentrated offense and what it yields:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9357655&postcount=14641

nice trolljob yet again.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I have a math degree. I understand what people mean when they say "small sample size". You obviously do not. If you would like I could explain it to you. There is a point below which the available data cannot support any definite conclusion whatsoever. That is it in a nutshell. You can self select into that data space all you want, but it does not mean your conclusions will ever be valid.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Cousins may go for Wilt's record. Who is stopping him?

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

His talent level?

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Dorsey needs to harass Cousins so he loses his cool.

Failing that, make him laugh--rolling down the floor type of laughter.

9. baubo

baubo Member

I think at this point, it can be clearly stated that the big offseason debate about stars vs. depth is now looking decided in the stars favor. Harden is almost single-handedly keeping us afloat. I'm not saying depth isn't an issue. But I'm willing to let Morey take some more cracks at a 3rd star for now. But if he can't get one, he really need to shore up our depth.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Monty will ream it up Cousins and show em who's boss......

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so let me try to understand, mr. hunting. (your best friend)morey's nascent offense has to-date yielded too small a playoff sample size to accurately judge it. and yet somehow, based on this same exact nano playoff sample size, you are so certain of its pending success in future playoff campaigns that you proceed to race across this forum championing (no pun intended) it like it's already won rings and generally getting in the face of non-believers or even anyone who questions it (or in my particular case simply had reservations about it).

this is not about your math degree or make-believe fields medal, but your utter lack of credibility in every thread you touch.

12. kemah

kemah Member

This game may leave a bruise. I say let's just jack 3's all night and go for some record or something. Dmo, Black and Dorsey just need to remember they have 6 fouls to give and beat the crap out of Cousins until he gets pissed off. Cousins on the bench can't hurt us.

1 person likes this.
  13. Ghost_of_Akeem

Well, at least they are on a 2nd night of a back to back.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sigh. I would never ever support drawing any conclusion from a sample size of six, as you have attempted to do. I check out every season well before the playoffs to avoid all of the angst around here. There is no statistical evidence, over a large sample size, to indicate that 3 point shots are any less effective in the playoffs compared to the regular season. There is absolutely no cogent argument to be made by any fan criticizing either Morey or McHale. Fans just don't have the understanding or the knowledge to judge either one. There is just to much hidden from us.

You seem like a very intelligent person. Does a chimpanzee have the required understanding and knowledge to pass judgement on the concept of the electoral college? That is the knowledge bridge that we are facing as fans. I can tell you as a fan that when the offense calls a timeout in an NBA game, they immediately put themselves at a serious disadvantage. What I cannot tell you is how what is discussed in the huddle effects the success rate of the timeout. I just don't have the data.

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Bring back chuckwagon. He's in the last year of his contract!!! It's crazy that it's been four seasons since he's been here. Seems like yesterday I saw him get a triple double against GS

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Continued ...

I have not made any predictions about championships to be won. The NBA landscape is littered with to many mines like injuries, cold shooting, miraculous 3 point shots from 35 feet with 0.9 seconds remaining on the clock. It is impossible to predict. But that does not keep us from assigning a statistical probability to the likelihood of success.

The Morey driven, McHale coached Rockets are making progress. Many teams don't make progress, so as Rockets fans we should be delighted. Morey pulls off his magic and McHale saunters on. It is perhaps the best we can hope for. How will the playoffs go this season? The Rockets will be OK. That is as far as I am willing to go.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

okay, so then what you're saying is even if a larger sample size was available, it does not matter. because there is absolutely no cogent argument to be made by any fan criticizing either (your best friend)morey or mchale. none. zero. no chance. we must never question dear leader(s). let me go shake my head now while you suck on your kool-aid popsicle..

1 person likes this.
  18. solid

I like this plan.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Of course we can question them. We are fans. But as fans we can never ever make a tight, serious argument because we just do not have the data. We will never ever be listened to. We have absolutely no input into the system. It is the internet. Do what you want. But do not expect me to stand idly by if you start pronouncing florid fallacies as facts. Not going to happen.

20. solid

Not the worst idea out there.