1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard wants trade to Brooklyn by draft night

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by desi tmac91, Jun 21, 2012.

1. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I just dont see him getting traded to Nets at all because they do not have enough pieces to attract Magic. Since the Rockets and Warriors are the two teams willing to rent Howard's service, I believe the Rockets has the best chance out of two because we have many options that Magic should be looking at. Additionally, Howard can go to Hakeem's training as much as he can if he plays for Houston Rockets. I really think Houston Rockets is a great fit for him. I am sure Morey will build good players around Dwight if he comes here. Get it done, Morey!

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i hope they don't do an hour long special of what team howard wants to go on like they did to lebron

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Outside of Bynum, the packages suggested to Orlando are nothing to write home about. Most of the deals are at best slightly better than the next deal. None of them are all that inspiring, considering you are losing a top 5 player. There's an inevitable decline with any trade. None of packages offer a player or two that you can guarantee a playoff spot with.

A trade to New Jersey is somewhat feasible Lopez/Brooks/future pick, while it doesn't handicap them salary-wise. That's not that much worst than what Houston or Golden State is offering, especially if Brooks turns to be a really good shooting guard. In reality, their biggest need will be a center, if they cannot grab someone, like Bynum, Noah, Lopez, or Bogut.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Remember Lopez is a free agent and needs to get paid a lot before he is included in any sign and trade?

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Dwight really screwed this whole thing up.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It won't be anywhere towards $14-$19 million, plus isn't he restricted?

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Wouldn't be surprised if Mavs throw big money at Lopez to force the Nets to give him a big contract- thus securing DWill from them.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Dwight Howard met with new Magic GM Rob Hennigan Friday in LA. Howard told Hennigan he wants to be traded to Brooklyn Nets, sources say. Hennigan did not tell Howard whether he would or would not trade him; he just heard Howard out.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...ls-orlando-magic-gm-wants-trade-brooklyn-nets

10. rock34

rock34 Member

I guess it's time for Morey submit his offer to Orlando. I just don't see what kind of package Brooklyn can offer that is better than ours.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Howard could have been one of the greatest centers in NBA history but he's thoroughly derailing his career by making some not-so-smart decisions.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Watch that backfire.

lolMavs.

13. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Now he's saying the Magic blackmailed him into opting in..

Do we really want this headache..?

14. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Blackmailed how? Does the Magic have pictures of Big Baby banging Dwight in the shower?

If he meant being traded to a rental team, I don't see what the legally cognizable cause of action is. I mean, they threatened trade a player, which is what they are allowed to do under under the collective bargaining agreement?

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Blaming his bipolarness on his team

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

That headache is our best chance to win and would make 28 other teams better if he joined them.

18. Third eye

Third eye Member

Give me Bynum. Dwight is so weird, but a BEAST

19. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

lmao!

20. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have D12 on the team. But only with assurance that he's going to stay here long term. There's no telling what he would try to pull to get out of here if he we can't change his mind.