1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard vs. Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J-Tang, Dec 4, 2012.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

NY Daily News reporting that they continue to feud lol...
    [rquoter]Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant just can’t get along, and there’s a team in Brooklyn that might be waiting to pick up the pieces.

A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft.

Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center’s camp that he’s been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season.[/rquoter]

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

If Kobe Bryant was just the awesomest player ever how come his team is not even in playoff contention? Forget that Howard has been sucking or Nash has been injured, etc. etc.

****ing overrated piece of raping garbage. Hope Superman rapes him.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Kobe and Dwight physically fight, I'd put my bet on superman.

Mamba out

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lol we knew all along that the lakers were gonna fall apart with Kobe and Dwight on the same team lol

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

it would be intresting to see if Kobe missed a few games, would the Lakers start winning( i think they would). Kobe is just a shotjacking ballhog

6. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Because without those two the team is just awful. Pau is shooting 41% this year. If Howard and Nash aren't playing good basketball they stand no chance.

7. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This makes me so happy.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]

Im sure this is gonna happen after this season

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

If they can do something like Howard+Artest for Wallace+Humphries+Brooks, it be the steal of the century.

Or, imagine the fallout if the Lakers try to trade Kobe.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Does Brooklyn have the cap space to sign Dwight?

I would say "Morey...lets get ready to send those iPads!" but Dwight has looked far from superman, I would fear getting tied into another long max contract of a superstar that could already be on the decline.

11. philchips

philchips Member

Howard has all ready.said he's picked where to play next year. My fear is he has picked the rockets. He's a d.mutombo in a league with no centers, he's a goofy unstable child like maturity level intellect. That would remove asik which I don't want to see happen and we would still have an issue at the pf position. Please, let me be wrong!

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Staying right where he's at.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The issue with Howard is that he thinks he is a good post player...Notice that on every play down the court...Howard gets on the block...

This is the primary reason why the Lakers are garbage...They dont have their two best post players playing in the post at all times...If not Pau...it better be Kobe...But if you truly want to space the floor, you have to set Pau on the blocks...

personally...i think the Lakers should trade Howard to get younger athletic pieces...Nash has no way for jump-starting a high scoring offense if he is relegated to dumping the ball in the post and letting post players just go at it on every play...The issue is that they arent using Howard, Nash, or Pau correctly...and that is on the coach...

Want to make Howard more effective??? pick and roll with Howard and Nash...use him just like Amare was used in PHX

Want to make Pau more effective??? Post him and let him and Kobe have a two man game...

The Lakers should look at trading Howard to Chicago with a trade something similar to this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9uen47u

This will allow Howard and Rose to team up...gives them time to get healthy this season and go strong next season. In regards to the Lakers...they get an extremely active and defensive minded center in Joakim, athletic wing in Deng, and a decent PF in Gibson...Nash now gets weapons to attack the rim with...and Kobe can still do his thing...

15. philchips

philchips Member

Kobe is blaming him in the media all ready and dwight has fired back. They are not gonna play with each other. He's leaving at the end of the season, hopefully its not to the rockets. With each lakers loss it becomes more apparent.

16. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Is anyone really surprised? Dwight is mentally soft and you put him with one of the hardest working players in the game. Of course this kind of thing will happen.

I'm glad the Rockets didn't get him and I hope we don't pursue him, period. He's a diva.

17. Entropy

Entropy Member

Yeah, I had a feeling that Dwight wouldn't like it in LA. Dwight likes to coast by on his athleticism, and Kobe isn't the type to sit there and watch you crack jokes and smile while you're missing all your free throws without saying something to you.

18. Awesome

Awesome Member

What does this have to do with working hard?

Dwight is not lazy. He's a complete diva but then again Kobe isn't exactly easy to get along with either is he? Shaq, Bynum now Dwight.

Its amazing how many people try absolving the guy who's always involved in all of the malarkey.. Mr Common Denominator himself, jacking up all of the shots and not looking to pass to a soul. The guy is worse than Bad Russ

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Where's he going?

Yeah, winning cures everything. ;)