1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard tired of LA and wants to be a Rocket?????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ApuN, Apr 29, 2013.

1. platypus

platypus Member

Screw what up? A possible first round sweep? I'm guessing you j*zz at the thought of the 14th pick in a draft?

I for one am tired of not having enough stars in houston. We have one, now we need another. Period.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I don't want to move to Houston- it's not cool enough and it's hot, boo-hoo:rolleyes:

Shuttythefawkyuppy.

3. #WhyUmad

#WhyUmad Member

Harden/Dwight/Parsons

You can't name a better trio better than that besides Lebron/Wade/Bosh and KD/Westbrook/Ibaka.

Give me that trio anyday of the week, we would be contenders for the next 5 years.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

Not no but HELL no!! Why would we want a whiny crybaby on this team????:confused:

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

Because he's really good at basketball.

6. Ridge94-95

Ridge94-95 Member

Who cares. Let him be someone else's max dollar headache.

7. c2u4erm

c2u4erm Member

I want another superstar in houston as well just not THAT superstar.... Easy as that... I don't want a star that's going to start crying or jump ship everytime things don't go his way.....

8. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Part of me goes: this guy is very immature, potentially divisive, has few post moves, is risky with injury, can't co-exist with Asik and is very expensive.

But on the other hand, he is indeed the best center in the league, with him, we'd immediately become lobcity 2.0. He's only still 27, McHale can teach him some post moves and he's way better shot-blocker than Asik. Pick and roll with Lin would make both players much better than currently. I'd say we've gotta get him, especially with Morey's asset mindset I'm sure he will at least try. I'd hate to see Asik traded but sometimes it's what it is and we could get a lot back. At the same time it'd be nice to have them both, as injury insurance and maybe play together for short period of time.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

These guys did out Collins in 2006. So maybe they know something?

Ok probably not but this is fun. How many times do you year houston rockets on a gossip site? Lol

10. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Best center in the league up for grabs? Count me in.

11. santamaria14

santamaria14 Member

Dwight would bring Houston so much light and hope, fans would rejoice after finally signing a premier free agent and Kevin McHale would teach him a thing or two about the post game and the Rockets would be in business! Let's not forget, Dwight has played on Orlando teams before that loved to shoot the 3, so he knows the system. This makes me very excited!!! #D12ToHouston

12. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight: "I don't think I should be pressured into making a decision. This decision is for myself and myself only"</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/status/329344083799707649">April 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight on the Laker experience: "When you win, it's amazing. When you lose, it's terrible"</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/status/329342281867988993">April 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mitch Kupchak does not seem convinced Dwight is coming back: "It's hard for me to say"</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/status/329358563329855488">April 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Marc Gasol and Tim Duncan are the best big men in the game. Glad they are not on the same team</p>&mdash; Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) <a href="https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/status/329429603984740352">May 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

13. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Shaq when commenting on the Howard decision, "When you have to think about it with a storied franchise like the Lakers... , I think he (Howard) is gone."

14. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Dwight Howard's Choices

Dwight Howard has a decision to make, the biggest he’s faced since deciding to enter the 2004 NBA Draft straight out of high school. An unrestricted free agent for the first time in his nine-year career, Howard will have to choose the franchise that best positions him to grow as a player and compete for championships. His future home, however, isn’t the only choice he’ll need to make this summer.

The time has come for Howard to decide whether he wants to be an all-time great player, or just a player that was good for his time.

We’ve seen glimpses of both.

At times Howard has been the league’s best two-way player, impacting the game in a way that few players can. Then there are the times where he looks limited offensively, easily frustrated and overly emotional to the officiating and evaluations of his game. It’s a hurdle that he must clear before he can consistently lead a franchise into the future.

Howard has no peer in the league. There isn’t another center with his physical gifts or potential. Most people look at Howard and expect him to be dominant like Shaquille O’Neal or as impactful as the league’s other stars. Howard should be the chief rivals of LeBron James and Kevin Durant en route to the NBA Finals, but he’s not. There’s still a lot of work for Howard to reach his potential. It’s within his reach to be one of the most dominant, imposing and successful players in the league, anyone can see the potential. Getting there will require a lot self-inventory, maturity and hard work. The results of that work come down to how badly he wants to be great, the rest will take care of itself.

Choosing where to spend the next phase of his career is a huge step in the process. Vowing to make a decision that makes him happy, Howard has an opportunity to get things back on track by showing growth in an area that he has a few struggles – decision making.

There are many that believe staying with the Lakers is the key to Howard reaching his potential, which is ridiculous. Wearing the uniform of the Lakers isn’t a prerequisite to greatness. Being great isn’t exclusive to a city or team, especially the Lakers, even though certain teams have enjoyed more success than others. Players, and the right coaches, make franchises great. They generate interest, produce a quality product and excite their fans. Truth be told, staying with the Lakers doesn’t guarantee Howard anything other than an extra year and about $30 million.

The 27-year-old center can’t allow the nostalgia or media pressure to dictate his decision. This contract is his most important and will position him to compete with James, Durant and the other talented teams around the NBA for years to come. He doesn’t have time to wait for a team to find pieces. He doesn’t have time to wait for a coach to adjust his system and learn to coach defense. Howard has even less time to risk his future on the chance that an organization can find him a co-star that’s good enough to compete and young enough to grow with.

Those things, however, are specific to a team and solely their responsibility to fix before recruiting a player; Howard’s responsibility is now to himself.

He can make any choice he wants and there isn’t a wrong choice so long as he’s happy with the decision he makes. But the next step in his progression is non-negotiable. Howard can’t come back for the 2013-14 season as the same player. To his defense, the injuries had a great impact on his game. But the growth of individual skills will always compensate the loss of athletic ability. Happiness will provide the extra patience needed to deal with unfavorable officiating. The lessons learned over the past two seasons must be on display for the world to see.

Where Howard plays doesn’t matter, but it’s time for him to take the next step and be the player that many of us know he should be.

Edit: What makes this article different?

Author Jarrod Rudolph is known to have direct connection to Dwight's camp and often acted as the 'unofficial' media spokesperson for Dwight's team. He was also the one who broke the story "Sources: Dwight Howard is ready to join LAL."

#54 kuku, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  15. conquistador#11

Gone how? like mentally or gone to Bush Continental maybe both?

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I hope it's IAH. One trip down Broadway after flying into Hobby will have ANYONE wanting to turn right back around, and go back to where they came from.

17. jocar

jocar Member

pretty much sums it up:

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

How ignorant.

"Good rebounder and defensively"

That's it? He's just a good defender? I'm not even going to go further into the quote because that line gives him away as biased.

19. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I like when people McHale can teach him how to play in the post and can teach him some post moves. The guys offensive game has not improved since he came into the NBA, he's not all of a sudden going to develop a good work ethic and decide he want's to use his athletic ability and become a great basketball player.

He's a cancer and a quitter!! I hope he resigns with LA or goes to Dallas. Just stay away from the Rockets!

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Pretty much sums what up? That some random Laker fan doesn't know **** about basketball?? Because that's what I gathered from that post. Dwight is not just a "good" rebounder and defender.....he's ELITE at both. And because of that, he's able to change a game. Offensively, he struggles out of the post....that's not a big secret. However, within a pick-and-roll style of offense, he's downright scary. In fact, he runs the pick-and-roll better than anybody in the NBA. People who call Dwight overrated are people who don't understand what his role actually is. Is he drama? Absolutely. Is he worth it? Absolutely.