1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard shoots down report he's unhappy in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2015.

1. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Well said.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He and every other Rocket should be unhappy, along with every employee in the organization. I'm pissed he denied it. He should have said, yea I'm pissed off we suck ass and we need to fix it fast!!!

3. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I think he loves Houston, and I think he will stay here beyond this year. He always smile off the court in Houston.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

is dwight unhappy right now? probably the rockets are 12-14 through one of the easiest schedules so far - imagine if they had a tougher schedule what their record would be.

does he want out? I dont think so

so why these reports?

DAN FEGAN

seriously - his agent has made no secret whatsoever he doesn't want anything to do with the Rockets and has actively screwed the Rockets by making the release of Chandler one of the conditions to have Dwight sign here (dont get me wrong Chandler is a class of douche of his own) but from Fegan's point of view you have one of his biggest clients at an all time low usage rate, on a losing team and about to become a free agent. Of course he wants to get him in a better situation at least winning % wise or at least stats wise so he can get one last big pay day from Dwight

5. SemisolidSnake

He be extremely happy about the ridiculous amount of money we're paying him that he'll never command again.

Taking that out of the equation, he'd be insane if he WASN'T unhappy in Houston.

That said, I don't tell our customers and other visitors to my workplace that my job makes me want to strangle myself with my own hands, even if it's true.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Actually we don't.....

We only know what has been reported for 4th and 5th person reviews...

T_Man

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard: ‘I want to make this thing work’ in Houston <a href="https://t.co/9lxD9GQbXI">https://t.co/9lxD9GQbXI</a> <a href="https://t.co/VvnIApy49h">pic.twitter.com/VvnIApy49h</a></p>&mdash; SI NBA (@si_nba) <a href="https://twitter.com/si_nba/status/677301120629362689">December 17, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Dwight's going to re-sign for 3 years 60m on a yearly declining salary after we pick up a big FA signing. It's going to be really really good for us when considering the new salary cap. He'll be making more than DMo for the first season and by the last season he'll be making just over double the MLE. As a player and brand he's worth that much to the organization easily, especially now that we've seen him making the ultimate sacrifice of not demanding post ups. It is rare for a star to do that. We asked Harden to play off the ball a bit, he decided to stand in his place every 24 seconds.

I think that's realistic and it will allow us to seek other big FA's in the summer.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bless your heart.

10. Fantasma Negro

I hope he leaves in free agency so we can sign Whiteside outright. Whiteside's max is way lower than Dwight's

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think what Dwight said in this interview is pretty awesome.

All things considering with how bad things are in Houston, to have that kind of response speaks well for the guy with how much he's grown up. He could have gone 1000 different ways with this and other interviews but instead he owns up to the fact that "HE CHOSE HOUSTON" and wants to be here, and make it work.

That being said, if Morey approaches him and Fegan about a trade, i definitely think that Dwight will take a look at it, but I find it very positive that he's going out of way to own up to his commitment.

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Happy or unhappy, it is not a big deal right now. Dwright is no long good anymore, both parties should move on soon since this team is not going to anywhere.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Damn good post.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just want to put this back into perspective:

Chris Sheridan said verbatim,

"Howard is extremely unhappy in Houston playing second fiddle to alpha dog James Harden, multiple sources said"​

And that was pretty much the only statement made in the article, as Sheridan quickly turns to describing a pure speculation trade using the ESPN Trade Machine salary checker, to make the speculation piece equally about the Heat, to gain further traction. And the entire NBA part of the internet is now talking about it, and we have a 30-page thread talking about the Trade Machine trade, which Sheridan even admits is a Random Houston Rockets Trade post, and both Houston and Spoelstra shot down. LOLs

And we have discussion about the semantics of unhappy vs happy with varying degrees to say even that everyone should be unhappy. But that isn't what Sheridan reported. He reported "extremely unhappy" with his role.

Is anyone really arguing that Sheridan is correct that Howard is extremely unhappy with his role? Not wins or losses, but his role, like it's something Howard has no control over, so his only resort is to whine off-the-record?

Sheridan is a hack, and people appear to be giving him credit by using his single sentence statement as context to repeat ourselves, rather than doing what Clutch is doing, and just calling Sheridan a hack. It's that easy,,,then we move on to our previously established threads talking about this, and ignore the hack.

#74 heypartner, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  15. thejav

thejav Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/61szwOFfOs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Lol they love you one day they hate you the next... Life

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The La Batard show:

Stugotz, "I'm reporting right now that Anthony Davis ... unhappy." LOLs

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:14388255&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

But Stugotz joke is about players should be unhappy with losing. Note quite the same as "extremely unhappy" with his role.

And Batard should have added that DeAndre Jordan and Whiteside (the centerpiece of the ESPN Trade Machine speculation) have about the same or less FGAs/gm and USG%, and left it at Howard is unhappy with his play and that of the team as a whole.