1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard shoots down report he's unhappy in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Possible plot twist: Howard told FO Rockets needed new voice, so the Rockets fired Kevin to avoid Dwight getting upset and demanding trade, again.

Or nah?

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Dwight confirming he has no interest in winning.

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Classic play on semantics. He's happy in Houston. Unhappy on the Rockets

4. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

i have to agree with this

5. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Then again he only said he was focused on winning and getting this team back on the right track as of now. He didn't say he would like to stay past his contract.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

more appropriate headline: "Fans Unhappy with Houston"

7. Remix

Remix Member

I like Dwight and he's been nothing but professional since he's been here, but can you really believe anything Dwight says after the SVG debacle?

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Has cyber commented on the matter since this report came out?

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

This team is full of DRAMA this year jeez

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I hope Dwight is lying. I want that Sheridan report to be right. Dwight for Whiteside, Deng and Winslow? Yes, please!

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Lots of rebounds?

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Matt Thomas on 790 had Chris Sheridan on. He explained how Jonathan Feigan phrased the question as "Have you talked to anybody" which allowed for Dwight to shoot it down. But Sheridan said on 790 that Dwight is not his source, but his source is 100% solid.

Honestly that would really suck if Dwight is unhappy. He does some bonehead things from time to time, but many times he gets into foul trouble because of NBA's flopping-gone-wild epidemic that persecutes the big man.

And he's the 1 guy who you'll never see mope or half-a$$ through a game. And he always goes into beast mode in the playoffs, something we've not seen from Harden in his 3 consecutive lackluster Rocket playoff series.

Dwight shouldn't be too upset if it's about touches. He's only getting 2-3 less attempts a game than from previous years with the Rockets, and that to me it has more to do with the poor play of our whole team.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Should we take this Horford rumor seriously? The guy who reported the deal isn't some random guy. He's on NbaTv.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dwight has been a cancer at ever single stop, he wears out his welcome and over values himself as a player.

I hope the Rockets trade him and get something of value, as I believe when he leaves they can focus and the cloud will be lifted from this year.

DD

15. dream2franchise

Dwight can be unhappy that we're losing and that he's not getting touches...but still want to play in Houston and get it figured out.

Being unhappy with his role doesn't directly mean he wants out. He was promised things in free agency that the team isn't delivering. He has every right to be unhappy at the moment. Especially if we're not winning.

Jimmer, DD? Seriously? :grin: The SPURS couldn't even get anything out of him.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't see how Dwight has any leverage. He gets paid a ton, has durability issues, hasn't played like a franchise player, and would likely take a pay cut if he passed on his option year and became a free agent.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Well the leverage would be asking for a trade now and basically screwing up the season even more....Les would blow a fuse. Plus, we don't know how much the FO really values him. If they really want him to stay here, then they can't afford to have him asking out.

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I honestly never thought I'd be saying this in response to a b-holic post, but I agree with every word. Good post. Repped.

1 person likes this.
  19. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

hello drummond or cousins.

#don't kill me clutchfanians.
    #i'm only kidding.. partially.
    #trust the process
    #in morey we trust

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Well, he better be unhappy about the way the team is playing at least daddammit!!!