1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Ready to Sign Long Term With Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by wiseguyX, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

This.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I told ya'll this Nets-only, Nets-only thing was a farce. He always wanted the Lakers, and everything's been smoke to cover his tracks so he can temper the blowback for following in Shaq's footsteps.

Unless this turns out 2 b a false report. :)

3. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

keep in mind this is the 87th "sources say dwight might be traded too" article from espn…

every time they post a new one which is every day they get a million hits on their website.. so why stop..

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I listened to SR610 this morning (not good for my sanity, but...)

Hell, I didn't realize Bynum's knees are nearly trashed already.

I'll take Flopejao at the 5/4, hell, I'll take CHUCK H., but let's find our All Star....elsewhere.

5. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

I still dont get why some people think it will cost less for Bynum than Howard. The Magic are the only team concerned on the return, and they are trading Dwight. So, hypothetically, say Bynum to Houston Dwight to LA, we still are the ones giving assets to Orl, if we give less for this deal, Orl would rather trade us Howard for more..... No matter the situation, the players leaving will be the same, whether Howard or Bynum comes to Houston.

6. yobod

yobod Member

Exactly, this is just posturing by Orlando. Morey has put his offer out there which many of us believe is a variation one or two young guys, lottery pick, 2nd round picks, and taking back a bad contract. Orlando is trying to get as much from us as possible, and talking to LA and Cle is their only leverage. Verajao has 3 years at 9M per year left while Martin is a 13M expiring. Morey is in the drivers seat, Orlando is just trying their best to get more out of him.

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

What do the Lakers have to offer to the Magic?

Bynum is overrated.

8. MrJason

MrJason Member

Why would the Rockets give up the SAME amount of assets to get Bynum as they would Howard?

Why would Orlando take only 2 picks and Varejao for Dwight? They could've gotten more from the Rockets initial offer on draft night (3 picks, youth and expiring) and there's no doubt in my mind that the Rockets have since increased there offer.

This article is bogus. All it is is a failed attempt to raise the Rockets offer.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah. Where have you been? I don't understand the people who want Bynum. He had a great season, but it was his first great season because he's been injured for a large number of games in every other season he's played. I've had enough of injured centers. Give me a guy who is 75% as good but can play every game.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i really dont believe rudolph pretty much everything he said was done by design by magic FO/DH team the guy is a total tool

he has some cred cuz he broke the dwight opting-in story -- again may have been on purpose to use him this summer

everything he has said this summer has been 100% wrong (in regards to the whole BKN situation)

again this is probably posturing by Orlando to get at Houston

my feeling is that Daryl gave them a final offer and said take it or leave it and the Magic GM is trying to get more out of Daryl by leaking all these things but Daryl isnt budging.

Daryl knows he has the best offer for a team rebuilding and doesnt need to budge on it - i mean the Rockets are rebuilding if they dont make a trade they'll be on track still to rebuild if anything in better position. But the Rockets dont want to rebuild they want to compete for a title so they want Dwight but at the same time that is more Les talking than Daryl ... I think if Daryl was giving total control he would have been fine with a rebuild process (probably would have started 2 years ago)

So to Hennigan - go ahead and deal Dwight to LA - it wont effect our rebuild but if you really want to rebuild then come back to the table with Daryl and put your big boy pants on and be realistic.

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

This is what everybody seems to be forgetting (and something Clutch pointed out when we made the CP3 trade)

My guess? Howard gets traded to either LA or Brooklyn in the winter in a big three or four team trade with either Bynum or Brook Lopez going to a mid lottery team, and them sending goodies to Orlando and a 4th team receiving compensation to take on Glen Davis. Following soon after the Magic would firesale Richardson, Hedo, and Duhon for pennies on the dollar to contending and playoff teams.

12. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

OMG if they get Dwight....GG NBA.

Morey, go get Bynum.

13. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

3rd best team in the west????

Homer much????

OKC
    Lakers
    Rockets???
    Spurs
    Clippers
    Grizzlies
    Nuggets
    Mavs

That's how you see it? Quite the optimist but cmon bro

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If we get Bynum, it will cost less, and it isn't really debatable. Any package that doesn't involve Dwight coming to Houston will see us lowering our offer. If we sent out the same package regardless of if we got Dwight or Bynum, then Dwight would already be in L.A. because of his promise to sign an extension.

15. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

tomorrow's headline: trade talks with L.A. postponed...Cleveland drops out of picture
    saturday: Houston remains frontrunner for Dwight...Dwight dreaming of Brooklyn
    sunday: Bynum for Dwight? Trade talks resume with L.A.

etc.

16. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

This is the move we NEED to make. No way we let Cleveland outbid us

17. Big Time Titan

This is how I see it too. All this foreplay is not getting me off. I'm ready for some real action.

18. Utah Dreamer

Utah Dreamer Member

Would Dan Gilbert make CLE give up more than us to spite LBJ's chances at more rings? I saw him on a summer league interview and he had this crazy twitch in his eye.

19. jdjd

jdjd Member

??? I'm sorry I don't understand your logic. My belief is that we probably offered an arm and a leg for Dwight, but for Bynum we are probobly willing to do the trade only if we can keep our draft picks and DMo. We can take back contracts from Orlando that not many other teams can, so we can use that as a negotiation tool. I'm under the impression that our deal dropped when Brooklyn fell out of the race. And with Les saying in todays paper that he's not that worried about making a trade anymore since he's had a chance to see our youngsters in action (which may be a ploy itself), I think we'll see more young Rockets with a Bynum deal than we would have with a Dwight deal.

20. MystikArkitect

Howard ready to sign an extension with LA much like NY ready to match any offer on Jeremy Lin.