1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard on James Harden and Rockets: This is their moment

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston19519, May 8, 2018.

1. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

I mean.. what else could he say without looking even worse than what the world already thinks of him. There are other things that could be said but he wasn't negative at all and I think every Rocket fan has moved on and are much happier without Dwight. I'll leave it at that

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Of course. But I feel like that's anybody.

Didn't someone just recently go through this same feeling. Where the team they should be on went on to win the SB or WS when they've finally done it, there's no way they can stomach that level of disappointment... pretty much in themselves.

I don't think that's depressed but more of a let down on their end. Like, "man, I f***ed up a good thing and look at them now." situation.

3. macan

macan Member

have not seen max kellerman thread for 2 days, i'm sad....

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He doesn't have the lateral quickness he did at 24. But make no mistake, Dwight Howard was equally as good on the perimeter as Capela. Capela is a much more well rounded player and has much more room to grow though. But Capela doesn't have any physical gifts that Howard doesn't. Capela just has the brain and the determination to go with the physical tools and is willing to sacrifice his ego, unlike Howard.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Maybe your fake ass is but 90% is bullshit. Dwight's a passive aggressive diva who pretends publicly to be anything but. Most honest people are not like that.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Relax compadre. What I said is true for most people. I'm sure you're speaking to me with your private persona as I find it doubtful that you speak to coworkers and clients/customers like that.

Thanks for proving my point

7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I miss AB

linvetb6 likes this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Our moment doesn't begin unless we get to the Finals.

houston19519 likes this.
  9. hakeemthagreat

Clint has one main advantage and it's his LENGTH. He's able to block shots without getting any body contact. Dwight is more foul prone for using his body too much. Both are great though

10. Aware

Aware Member

Bring him home, maori!

houston19519 likes this.
  11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Capela has a huge advantage: he can make foul shots and stay on the court

linvetb6, D-rock and Stormy1234 like this.
  12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Can you imagine having Dwight on this team with cp3 and james, holly ****, only if Dwight would've accepted that fact that he isn't a scorer or someone you should go to on the offense.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

To be fair, they've let Clint Capela dribble. A little bit. At the top of the key, waiting for CP3 or Harden to come fetch. But I don't know if Dwight ever ventured out there. Anyway, when I see Clint "handling the ball", I'm thinking, Oh, now, what?, your agent's gonna bring that up in negotiations this summer, too?

"And he can handle the rock."

Morey: "Let's not get too carried away. Your boy's gonna be p-a-y-d paid. Let's not gild the lily."

14. xhanif143x

xhanif143x Member

Dwight always showed up the in the Playoff. I won't say anything negative about him.

linvetb6 and Jake Tower like this.
  15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dwight is able to give a good interview and convincing people of things when he doesn't actually feel that way.

J.R. likes this.
  16. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Man, he’s so much more professional and likeable than Tracy!

D-rock likes this.
  17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Time helps you put things into perspective.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i keep it real fool

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I was glad to see that interview. I always liked Dwight as a person. He was and still is an unbelievable run/jump athlete. He is still a great dunker and shot blocker and rebounder, but he wanted to be an Hakeem. He just did not have the hands of Hakeem or Capela or the shooting touch of Hakeem.
    Having good hands is a very underrated athletic skill in the NBA.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The ultimate Dwight 'fitting the system' was that series against the Mavericks where he and Josh Smith pick n rolled them to death. It was a thing of beauty.

Great memory, but he didn't want to play ball, Capela does. Go Clint!

linvetb6 likes this.