1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Dwight Howard on James Harden and Rockets: This is their moment

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston19519, May 8, 2018.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Dwert + McFail = losers.
    Dwert did not want any part of MDA basketball and we wanted not part of Dwert.
    He had his moments but that’s it....Just moments.
    Hope he invested his money well and wish him a happy retirement.

houston19519 likes this.
  2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

In terms of help defense in the paint, or post defense, Dwight is better than Capela. But I am talking about the ability to guard smaller guys because with our switching everything our bigs literally spend more than 50% in the perimeter and no one does it better than Capela. Dwight is a big stiff and simply not as agile as Capela. Look at this play. Which other big man could stay in front of Curry like that?

D-rock likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

One of the biggest defenders of Dwight Howard historically has been Steve Clifford. He worked with Dwight in LA and In Orlando.

Steve Clifford is direct, he doesn't compliment someone unless it is real. He has said a number of glowing things about Howard over the last 10 years.

Having said that, Clifford recently said that Dwight shouldn't worry about his offense or numbers, and should worry about his defense.

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

He was very gracious, even giving props to Clint and MDA. I was impressed.

I was never a Dwight hater but he disappointed me many times as a Rocket due to his selfishness and immaturity.

Interview was professional and great way to mend any of the broken relationships with old teammates and organization.

He can't watch them winning championship is just sign of competition and realizing it could have been him in that position. Natural.

IvanLCPM, Obito, GermanRoxFan and 2 others like this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Dwight sounding like he about to announce his election campaign. Saying all the "right" things to change the negative things said about him, he stopped just short of calling Kobe the best player ever.

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

On the offensive end Capela's also a better fit because he doesn't demand the ball and has great touch around the basket which Dwight simply doesn't possess. Dude has the amazing ability to finish from whichever odd angle. His offense is really underappreciated.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Will Dwight be on his 4th team in 4 years? :eek:

juanm34 likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Wow, dude sounded really mature and intelligent there...
    good look for him.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Then we win game 6 or 7?

Dwight isn't a good defender, he doesn't fit our style and he wouldn't be good in the locker room.

Also saying "X would be better than Anderson" isn't saying much as it is obvious that Anderson doesn't want to be a Rocket and the Rockets don't really want him.

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Between two beggars Dwight Howard and DeAndre Jordan, Daryl Morey be like...

[​IMG]

LFE171 and houston19519 like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol fat Daryl put in his place by Dwight @FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That was Dwight's master plan- Let Clint develop and then return to Rockets as his backup at vet min. !

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Make no mistake, the Rockets are in trouble @Nook. ;)

"I know the Rockets are tied 1-1 but could come back down 1-3! And I know they're now up 3-1, but they could lose tonight!"

And win or lose, Dwight Howard is gonna be the furthest thing from my mind. "Man I wish the Rockets really had Dwight Howard!"

Nook likes this.
  15. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Yea and we should play Qi or else we are in big trouble!

Deuce likes this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You've just described 90% of all human beings

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Right now, anything that D'Antoni touches turn to gold. I'm quite sure any players that come here in Houston will be rejuvenated think GG and CP3.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I will never harbor ill-feelings towards Dwight.....even after the way he left. He was really the first major free agent that CHOSE us in a long, long time, and for that I think we should all be grateful. His effort was never something I questioned. Obviously we know his ego got in the way of our team's success, but I don't think it was ever a matter of him not wanting to succeed. It's nice to see him back his old teammates.

Invisible Fan and arubato like this.
  19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

True, at this point his biggest issue is that he just doesn't bring it every night.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Snow Villiers and J.R. like this.