1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard on James Harden and Rockets: This is their moment

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houston19519, May 8, 2018.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

He's right tho, this may be our one true run. So lets go out there and finish this ****.

tmactoyao, Tfor3, Jake Tower and 2 others like this.
  2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Pretty sure he regrets not fully buying in with this style of play.

He could’ve had a career revival and been seen as a superstar again.

Oh well...lots of people saw it at the time...too bad he was too egotistical and proud to run puck and rolls and be an outlet.

tmactoyao, BigMaloe, Tfor3 and 7 others like this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

ESPN Brought Dwight Howard to the Set because ESPN wanted to bait Dwight in trying to say something bad about James Harden and the Rockets, What next Kevin McHale on James Harden Leadership again, James Harden is leading the Team to Wins.

lw17, IvanLCPM, Cash Cam and 22 others like this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Dwight gets a lot of hate on this board... glad to see its only one sided... ;)

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Actually this is pretty good point. I am sure Clint learned a few things having to practice against Dwight but he also noticed how successful he could be if he did what was asked of him. Trying to do more than what he was asked tore the team apart and they played bad. I mean that weird 2016 season it was obvious how much more Harden looked for Capela on lobs compared to Howard.

Its media - I doubt Dwight would give his true feelings out in public. If he did I am sure there would be a lot more dirty laundry aired about his roles in breaking apart that tandem. There is that unspoken team code that I Dwight isn't foolish enough to break. I don't think we'll ever know the extent of how bad it got, but at this point I think Dwight is starting to get it. The team moved on really quickly and has had tremendous regular season success. He got another big deal from his home town team, only to have that team trade him after one season for pennies on the dollar. I think Dwights a bit more humble in some ways now, but not to a point where he could be a legit contributor on a team. If Dwight seriously just embraced the same role Capela did without the locker room drama (which I think stemmed more from him wanting the offense running through him) he would be a more valuable contributor than Capela right now. Dwight still a more dominant defensive force and one of the big roll man ever to play the game. Its a shame because if Dwight really just wanted the money i mean he got 4 years 80M in the summer of crazy contracts and Clints going to get way more than that this off season just from embracing the role Dwight could not.

D-rock likes this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Dwight is definitely regretting his decision, "I can't watch them in the Finals". At least Dwight was complimentary of James.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . . now that you mention all this
    Desperation Plus Closing windows = DWIGHT TO TORONTO

IF I am Toronto . . . what else could you do?

Rocket River

macho GRANDE, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  8. SS0101

SS0101 Member

If you are in the NBA I think you root for anyone BUT Golden State. You either join them or you beat them...Houston is the only hope to beat them!

Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  9. MystikArkitect

I'd rather a broken Brendan Wright than any version of Dwight Howard on this team.

Dude is a live grenade in a crowded locker room.

don grahamleone, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

His defense is limited to three feet in front of the basket which has its pros and cons. Pro is he is still a rebound machine and is good for 2-3 blocks a night, con is he ain't switching for **** and when he does leave the paint he gets exposed. Offensively his game has finallygrown, he's got post moves and a nice 18ft jumper, still not big on pick and rolls but is a willing screen setter. I'd love to have Dwight back now that he's been humbled

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Michelle Beadle did talk bad about Dwight Howard I believe, it's funny, that Michelle is Acting friendly to Dwight in a Fake way. Michelle Beadle, Greenberg, Jalen Rose all pick Warriors.

DonKnock, D-rock and houston19519 like this.
  12. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

This really may be the only run they get. Clint's new contract, Paul is 33, Tucker 33, Luc 31. This isn't the young Astros so enjoy the ride. Than again, they do have Daryl Morey.

[​IMG]

Glad to see Dwight wasn't acting salty, maturity, its a mother fu**er.

BigMaloe, Tfor3, ghettocheeze and 2 others like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

dwight never had a jumper and never will. a summer of putting up jumpshots was one of the dumbest things ive ever seen. it in no way translated to actual games that matter

#33 YOLO, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    CK Johnson likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's a pity he could have done so much more. His chemistry with Josh Smith against Dallas was great, although it became easier because of
    Dirk's pathetic defense. An occasional post up on a mismatch wouldn't have hurt the team.

steddinotayto and D-rock like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

You mentioned your season in Houston didn't end the way you wanted. You have also admitted you were "disinterested" during parts of the year. Why was that?

Howard: "There were times I was disinterested because of situations that happened behind the scenes that really hurt me. It left me thinking, 'This is not what I signed up for.'''

What specifically are you referring to?

Howard: "I felt like my role was being reduced. I went to [Rockets general manager] Daryl [Morey] and said, 'I want to be more involved.' Daryl said, 'No, we don't want you to be.' My response was, 'Why not? Why am I here?' It was shocking to me that it came from him instead of our coach. So I said to him, 'No disrespect to what you do, but you've never played the game. I've been in this game a long time. I know what it takes to be effective.'''

Vivi, tmactoyao, BigMaloe and 10 others like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

And for doing something that Dwight could no longer do (and could never do as well), switch D.

Clint is elite on switch D, not very many 5's can do it to the level that Clint can.

cdrive likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Michelle Beadle lol, Fake Friendly, Tell Dwight Howard to his Face he is a bad, Overrated player.
    Michelle you started that label on Dwight lol, admit when you're the one that started it

#37 rockets1995, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He still retains some of his explosiveness and strength. He outplayed Capela with ease in the regular season. That was a major disappointment for us. Clint has improved greatly on defense since then though. Go Clint! Go Houston Rockets!

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Dwight can go soak his big head! I don't give a care what he says, good or bad about the Rockets.

I haven't watched the videos and don't plan to.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Tmacs biggest problem has always been not knowing when to shut up.

Invisible Fan likes this.