1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard needs to be traded.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZomgZ, Dec 23, 2015.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I saw that trade yesterday on a different site. I should say proposed trade. I'm pretty sure it's doing the same as the rest of us, here, with our random trades.

As the preacher asked the congregation in "Blazing Saddles", "Or are we just jerking off?"

"Amen."

Unless Phil is desperate to shed salary, I don't see him yelling, "Eureka! The perfect player for The Triangle! DWIGHT HOWARD!"

God love him, Dwight couldn't even spell "triangle".

2. basketballholic

LOL. Trade Dwight. Get back a shooter on an expiring contract that's fixing to get paid big money next season and two mid first round picks and go to the lottery in James' prime. Yuppers. Makes tons of sense.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Would people please stop posting trade rumors from morningnewsusa. It is crappy online news from Australia regurgitating world news, who can't even format an website correctly. wtf is wrong with the missing letters in their fonts.

Seems to have first propped up in the NBA Dish Jeremy Lin thread, probably due to it attracts Lin fans somehow. And is somehow leaking into the GARM now

Has a whopping 450 likes on FB. And for Sports, you are looking at a Trade Rumor from an Indian online freelancer with zero contacts to the NBA.

Somak Raychowdhury's trade stuff is made up to attract hits. I mean, the title of his post is "Pelicans To Acquire Terrence Jones, Facilitate Dwight Howard Move To Knicks." LOLs at TJones and Pelicans in the headline.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What fan site was the source of it? If we can prove that it is not based in any actual sources other than Random Trade Ideas at other sites, I'd like to report it to Clutch, should we start seeing actual GARM threads started based on a bs post by Somak at that crappy web site.

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

By not resigning Smith, Howard's best friend, Rockets did permanent damage to Rockets-Howard relationship?

6. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I agree it's time to trade Dwight. No need to beat the horse that's slowly dying. If trading would hurt the Rockets too much, then let him walk and use the room to retool in the offseason.

Hey Durant, come over here and bring whoever you want, we'll put together the next super team. What about Durant and Al Horford?

Horford/Capela
    Durant/Dmo
    Ariza
    Harden
    Beverley

Nice small ball starting lineup....

7. cml750

cml750 Member

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Trade? for who? Who's your C? Your going to the NBA playoffs with a 115 lb. Center, with Dmo & TJ as your only back-ups?

You guys need a reality check on how hard it is to to play C in the NBA and how few people in the world can do it. How many can pull 15/10 a night over 82 games?

Sure it's tough to play hard every night for over a decade, sure Superman is in age decline and may not be worth his next contract but damn appreciate what you have now.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Cough cough....

Every game i have watched this season we can all accurately see that Dwight fouls a pg who is dribbling down and around the baseline. I do not feel bad for him any longer about the way the refs 'treat' him.

He has extremely low iq.

11. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

And the pushoff O reb foul. Always.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Howard was getting destroyed on the boards late in the game tonight by guys 6-8 years older than him.

It is time for him to go.

DD

13. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

No. It's not.

14. Handles

Handles Member

We wouldn't have beaten the Spurs tonight without Dwight.
    We can't trade Dwight because we would lose the trade.

Short memories much? Dwight has done his job each playoff he's been here. He grinds out the season because he's worn, but the playoffs are what we all care about the most and he's performed.

15. fattz

fattz Member

$23M is a lot of money specially for s part time job. Most employed people are expected to work all day every day.

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Funny, I was watching him play great d

17. Handles

Handles Member

He's averaging something like 13/12 and a couple blocks while manning the paint. Let's not act like he's a dead fish out there.

Yes, we can all agree that he's lost a step - he's been in the league getting banged up since 19. We'll never see Orlando Dwight again so you've gotta lower your expectations.

I'm not saying we should resign him to a super max contract. I'm just saying we shouldn't trade him mainly because we won't find equal production through a trade.

18. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

just not impressed with dwight.

our best bet for having any success in the offseason >> trade dwight now. incoming players play well, houston rockets have an altered identity.

houston is attractive as a place to play with harden & co. = more likely to have a successful offseason.

19. ibm

ibm Member

in an era where really good, conventional bigs are scarce, dwight is still performing at a high level. we can still make a lot out of him, esp. on the defensive end.

the thing about d12 is his next contract.

if a good trade is in sight, i'd do it. but why other teams will have an interest do that...

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dwight is not worth 23 million anymore and we need to lower salaries in order to get more help. If Howard agreed to a pay cut and we traded Brewer and Lawson contracts we would be good. My biggest problem with Howard is he's being paid like a go to superstar and he plays below star level. He needs a pay cut to stay here.