1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard MVP OF THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE ROCKETS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rx1991, May 28, 2015.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Anyone have his stats for these playoffs?

I feel like every time I was checking the box score he was getting 18 rebounds haha

2. egr281

egr281 Member

Exactly, i cant even count how many times Dwight pins his man under the basket and the guards cannot even attempt to get him the ball.

3. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

16.4 PPG 14 RPG 2.3 BPG 58 FG%

4. SemisolidSnake

Co-MVPs. Dwight's return to dominance after his surgery was nothing short of astonishing and his effort and will to win were on full display. Needs to learn to not get T-ed up so much.

Ariza's just everywhere and really holds the team together with his defense without being a flashy player. When he's knocking down shots as well, it's hard for us to lose.

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Most consistent definitely

Then Ariza and Brewer, and then Harden

6. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Dwight was also our Playoff MVP last year. As much hate as he gets for laughing and joking he showed the most heart on this team.

7. Rockston

Rockston Member

Our defense works have been chop liver without him. MVP

8. Rockston

Rockston Member

Fixed

9. Man

Man Contributing Member

This thread is good to see, as my friend and I solely chanted MVP for Dwight near the end of Game 7 against the Clippers (after many loud chants from the entire crowd of MVP for Harden). Really, a lot of guys on our team stepped up to get us past the Clippers, but Dwight particularly did whatever he could. I do think he could have owned more inside against the Warriors; we saw flashes of that, but not enough. Obviously that early injury was a hindrance.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Did Dwight post a near triple double in games 1 and 2? Did Dwight rectify a stagnant offense? Dwight was great, and damn near critical, but come on. Harden does so much good, so often, people take for granted when he's a success and ridicule him when he's a failure. We expect Harden to score 45 a game and create 10 assists. It's safe to say 65% of our offense comes from that one guy (either by scoring or creating for others). Look at the Warriors as a reference. The entire team moves, shuffles, and illegally screens to get Curry/Thompson open looks. Harden? The man creates looks for himself and his teammates. Dwight, you did great, but MVP? That's all Beard.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Harden was easily our best player this postseason. Howard was last season.

People want to talk about mental midget. Had the series continued Dwight would have suspended for the next 2 games because his head isn't there.

The 5 best games any player had on our team from any series were by Harden, 3 of which were in these conference finals.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope your best player isn't on the bench when your team comes back against the clips. that doesn't happen

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol but that's exactly what did happen, so apparently it does.

Again the hatred for Harden is mind boggling. He was our best player this season and postseason. We don't make the playoffs if Howard and Harden switch injury status for the season. We don't make it out of the first without Harden. We don't make it out of the 2nd without Harden. We get swept and lose by 20+ each game without Harden in the 3rd round.

Dwight in the playoffs is really good and was our best guy easily last year, but not this year. Like I said he can't even understand his importance that we had to sweat his availability for this last game and almost certainly would have missed the next game and probably also the next. That's dumb. More dumb than all those turnovers Harden had last night.

1 person likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. it was more correcting your statement cause harden was not easily the best player in the playoffs. i've already said im not giving up on harden but he still has some work to do. same could be said about no howard. they wouldnt have made out the 1st round without him.

nothing is worse than the worst game harden decided to have last night at the worst time. "easily the best player" doesn't do that.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Again apparently he does do that. Look that last game was terrible. Game 3 was terrible and we did comeback against LAC without him. Doesn't change that over the 16 games Harden was our best player. I really find it very hard to believe people are actually arguing this. He essential mirrored his runner up MVP numbers from the regular season in the postseason. He was freaking awesome overall. Dwight was really good too. Just not as good as Harden. They both had some bad games, did stupid stuff and so on.

How one guy is coming out smelling like roses and the other is getting **** on is insane.

16. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

He played fantastic defense. I think he was trying to do too much and became fatigued from playing the perimeter, picking, and trying to get back in the paint when he's needed. I don't think he was being lazy as much as he 1.) Felt tired and 2.) Didn't think it was worth the risk of the foul.

As for the Stephen Curry box out. I can imagine Howard not thinking anyone else had a chance to get that ball and Curry absolutely found a way to sneak in. It wasn't laziness as much as he felt certain he had that board and some quick f***er took advantage of it.

17. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

apparently some people here don't watch the game and just look at the box scores. BOX score doesn't tell how harden pads his stats when we are down by 30.

18. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

I think its really about living up to your end of the bargain. Dwight carried his weight (relative to his role) and Harden didn't on a consistent enough basis.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden was great in select games but howard was the overall leader players were following as he was the most consistent. you shouldn't be surprised because the majority see it. playoff dwight comes to play. he's proven it time and time again. theres no question about that

20. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

What are you talking about? Yes, his post game hurt us. Yes, he's declining. Yes, he made plenty of turnovers like everyone else. But let's not forget he's also not 100%, and act like his defense wasn't a difference maker. No way do we even beat the Clippers without him with Harden having a bad series. It was very obvious when he was out of the game and the Clipper bigs just kept attacking the rim. He had plenty of mental lapses on defense, but the effort was there.