1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard looking at houses in Houston? (UPDATE: Howard responds from UCLA)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 28, 2013.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

how in god's name would that fall under tampering? and why would that be dumb?? if he's already made up his mind what good does sitting idly by do him?

you people disect every little word and action - it's asinine. if you were in a similar position (ie accepting a job in a new location) you would do the EXACT SAME THING.

2. RedHotRockets01

Pissing my pants if this is true!!!

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

4. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

lol - had the same issue yesterday interviewing a candidate for a position and I could not stop refreshing the various trade and draft threads. I felt guilty afterwards but it could not be helped.

1 person likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

I think it moved, jerry!

=)

1 person likes this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

90% Dwight signs here. I never really got excited because it seemed inevitable.

7. rocketblood713

I've been waiting for a something like this during this whole Dwight think that he would take that trip to Houston and look for a crib so its a good sign and all but I will control my self ...

8. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

THIS is why I freaking love Clutchfans!

F the bashing/name-calling/IB4TL stuff, the pure zeal and love for the Rockets seen on here leads to news from some rando that I can't imagine I'd have found anywhere else.

9. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

10. treeman

treeman Member

LOL, he saw all the Lakers fans tweets yesterday and hopped on a plane to Houston today... :p

11. 713

713 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

13. mario_v

mario_v Member

I was kidding. Of course it's not tampering. I simply forgot to add a smilie at the end. ;)

But I do think it's real bad timing on his part to be looking at houses. He would get crucified in LA. At least wait until July 10.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Francis lives/lived in Briargrove, but a lot of athletes live in Tanglewood, River Oaks, and Memorial. Matt Schaub lives in Tanglewood, Biggio lives in River Oaks, Berkman and Clemens live in Memorial.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Eh, it's not like he's going to leave LA and never return. I presume he'll still have a home there (he did when he played in Orlando) and still pursue some of his Hollywood interests in the offseason. Whether this comes out today, Monday, Wednesday or whenever, he's going to get crucified for a few days and he knows it. The timing isn't a big deal.

16. treeman

treeman Member

So... how long until we get a thread with nothing but Ron Paul .gif posts?

July 10, maybe?

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I got butterflies!!

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin farting is enough to send the GARM into full meltdown mode. People might need to be on suicide watch if Howard decides to go elsewhere.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Pic or GTFO

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Has there ever been as much hype surrounding a star coming to the Rockets during Morey's tenure? Bosh was rumored for a lot of places other than Houston. Melo was always pegged for the two NY teams. Howard last year was Brooklyn then LA.

I haven't seen so many arrows pointing towards the Rockets since the summer of the T-Mac trade.