1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard looking at houses in Houston? (UPDATE: Howard responds from UCLA)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 28, 2013.

1. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

It can happen...I mean when he would train w/ Dream, he would rent out a home in Sienna Plantation, in Missouri City, so it can be a possibility.

There is certainly no reason to believe that this is 0% true but of course its all hearsay at the end of the day so who knows. Just hoping he ends up here at the end of the day

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

totally not the same situation though - this time we actually KNOW that the object of our desire is mutually interested. last year dwight couldn't have made it any clearer that he had NO desire to come to Houston. same with bosh, same with melo... they wanted no part of us. the board may have been highly delusioned but the reality remained quite clear.

this time - totally different.

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Yeah guys, its quite obvious, Dwight Howard, whose possible relocation to the Houston Rockets, is choosing NOW, of all the years he has been a millionaire to buy a home in Houston, in the middle of all this press. Come on!

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm trying to get this contract signed by this lady sitting right here in front of me, but we keep having awkward pauses and silences due to me reading this guy's twitter feed lol.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wonder what area he is looking to move to...

River Oaks maybe? Isn't that were Francis and Mobley live(d)?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

To reap the benefits of no state income tax cant you just claim your primary residence in Texas? Lulz on y'all (and me, and the people who clearly demonstrated to Dwight how he'd earn more in Houston) if he buys a house in Houston so he can play in LA at 0% state income tax.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

California has that loophole closed. Lots of celebs with ranches in Montana.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Link to tweet?

9. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

That explains it! He was recovering from his pregnancy, not back surgery.

But seriously, a house for his 9th baby mama?! I'm sorry but every baby mama after the 3rd gets an apartment unless we're getting married.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight Howard is in Houston looking at houses today.</p>&mdash; Allen OU (@THEREALALLENOU) <a href="https://twitter.com/THEREALALLENOU/statuses/350639022466539520">June 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I know this because they made an appt to see one of our houses</p>&mdash; Allen OU (@THEREALALLENOU) <a href="https://twitter.com/THEREALALLENOU/statuses/350639298564984832">June 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

These are the kind of news I like to hear.

12. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight Howard is in Houston looking at houses today.</p>&mdash; Allen OU (@THEREALALLENOU) <a href="https://twitter.com/THEREALALLENOU/statuses/350639022466539520">June 28, 2013</a></blockquote>

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

One of my friends from Miami sent me a text this morning saying, "Looks like you're getting Dwight, have fun with him".

I thought he was just making a random comment.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I believe it. Hell he might be in Dallas tomorrow looking at houses so this might not mean anything other than he wants to have an idea of where he wants to live in each city if he signs. That might weigh into his decision too - which place he can find a house he likes better.

That wouldn't work. You have to actually work in the state to miss out on the income tax - even if he signs with us, he still has to pay income tax for roughly 37 games that are outside of Texas (road games minus SA and Dallas and any other states that are without an income tax). Tax is applied per state you work in, not where your primary residence is.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yet you would think he'd still need or at least like to have a place to stay where he'll be playing, whether it be LA or Houston.

The real news will be if/when he puts his house up for sale in LA, if he owns real estate there of course.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

We'll see... if Dwight is in Houston, he'll be easy to spot. It sounds like another realtor (maybe someone who said they are checking it out for Howard?) set up a viewing of one of his listings. It could be someone representing Dwight and not actually Dwight going to check it out. I believe if Howard was in Houston, Mark Berman and others would be chasing that ambulance.

18. htown1984

htown1984 Member

this guy needs to take a picture with him on this appointment..
    im sure he will be there if hes also the agent they made an appointment with

19. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

(this space for rent)

1 person likes this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Dream's house is for sale!!

He can live in the house that Dream built!...literally.