1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard looking a bit lost

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MojoMan, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Lol really? Come one now. Balling everyday in your late 20s your knee will never feel 100%...I doubt dwight is going to have season ending surgery during a title run season ala tmac.

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

If Dwight is injured, he needs to sit his ass down. He's hurting more than helping at this point.

3. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

If dwight accepted his role he could become the nearly as valuable as harden. He needs to embrace a defensive mindset / garbageman approach / P&R

If he did that and took less post touches he would be irreplaceable. As is I'm totally fine with moving on with DMo and away from dwight if Morey can make a big deal.

4. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Moving on in the future. Not this year.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Serious question for the cap experts. The Rockets can't negotiate an extension til Dwight opts out(assuming he does of course) come 2016, right? I hope so, cuz otherwise I'm terrified Morey and Les will jump the gun and pull a McHale and resign him too soon. I'd be more than a little hesitant to just throw a $100+ million contract at a guy who's either mentally soft or unmotivated or is playing on a knee that's far more hurt than he's letting on.

Just look at the return on investment the Knicks and Heat are getting on Melo and Bosh respectively this year(two players the Rockets were desperate to sign last summer, BTW). Sometimes it's better to just go in another direction if what you have isn't working out.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Soft ass. Agree Kobe on this.

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Dwight needs to get mad for once, take some responsibility instead of always referring to "we need to do this, we are not in sync etc.". While there are team problems, a leader and self-proclaimed MVP before the season in particular, you have to be honest about yourself and just say "I should've grabbed that ball at the end or I should've ran more"!

8. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Howard can't understand what he should do to help team win
    He should rebound and block and steal and P&R, he should learn from T. Black and Dorsey
    The team's defense is too too bad after his return

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Maybe McHale should continue to rest Howard some games

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

We have the most unappreciative fan base...

1 person likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I suspect that Howard is not 100% healthy.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

How many knee injuries have you had? And how many times have you powered through the pain to bang in the post against the likes of Marc Gasol and Marcin Gortat for 35 minutes? I'm so sick of people acting like they're Marcus Brutus when criticizing players for not playing well through pain.

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

All I can say is that he's not worth $20 million a year.

14. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Dwight is a $20 million defensive player.

But he is also a $8 million offensive player.

The team has problem when he starts pretending to play like a $20 million offensive player.

15. Raven

Raven Member

No confuse fans with trolls.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Dwight needs to channel his inner Ben Wallace. If he would rebound the ball with the ferocity he used to he would get 10-14 points a night on put-backs alone.

17. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Yup, and it's becoming increasingly clear the guys skills as an offensive threat are diminishing and his defense hasn't been anything to get excited about since the knee injury either. Either he is still injured to a point where it is in his head an affective his over all energy and level of EFFORT in the game, or he has finally become the very thing KObe and Durant says he is a soft ass p***y. Some of the D he has played the last 8 games since his return has been downright cringeworthy.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's ok guys, problem solved:

[​IMG]

Or not

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Q1y8yANAS6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#118 RV6, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  19. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

He's making $20 MILLION a year!!!!! The mutha f'er should be appreciating my a$$!! Forget you and your self righteous sorry a$$.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're not paying the bills. And he probably does appreciate your a$$. By all accounts Dwight's a nice guy and gives back to the community.