1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard looking a bit lost

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MojoMan, Dec 27, 2014.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Here is Feigen's take:

4. After all these years, Dwight Howard still needs to get in a rhythm to be his best. He never did on Friday. Howard picked up two early fouls, headed to the bench and never seemed right when he returned. The defense of Marc Gasol had something to do with that and Howard was effective defensively helping on dribble penetration. But with Howard getting just one field goal, on an uncontested breakaway, the Rockets got a reminder that they should look to get him the ball in good, low-post position or on pick-and-rolls early to be able to count on his scoring throughout.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...-win-over-the-grizzlies-on-friday/#27968101=0

2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This sums it up quite well. Although, I don't necessarily agree with getting him the ball in the low-post. The guy just isn't as effective down there as some of the other players we have.

3. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Dwight is fine. Now as scoring option #3 he can focus on what he does best, play D and rebound. Dwight has never been a post up back to the basket consistent scoring threat. He can sometimes, but not consistently. He just does not have the handle on the ball or the offensive prowess to be a dominant scorer, no matter how much he works with the Dream. Dwights game is rebounding and playing D, he gets most of his points on cuts to the basket and offensive rebounds. He can now relax and play his game. If we can just get that free throw percentage up...

The Josh Smith addition is HUGE. We now have a deep team with legitimate championship aspirations.

Looking forward to watching this team develop over the next 54 games.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's called early foul trouble. It happens.

Then he iced the game with 4 straight FT and rebounding.

Get the **** out of here with this knickers twisting crap. Go watch Real Housewives if you want fake drama.

1 person likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yet those made free throws at the end had him walking off the court with a big grin on his face. Dwight may have been a bit lost, I noticed that unusual stone face he had during the game, but he found himself in time to make a difference, and it sure made a difference in how he felt.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Someone has to put his foot down and stomp the yard

7. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

While I think Dwight will ultimately be fine this season, I do think he is mentally adjusting to the fact the he is now playing with a legitimate MVP of the league right now. I think after last season's playoffs, Dwight probably saw himself as the teams true leader with Harden a close 2nd. But this year, this team has clearly become Harden's. Dwight has always wanted to be #1. So to me, sometimes he does look frustrated out there and doesn't seem to try as hard as he can on the things the he can affect, even though the refs are NOT being fair to him. Nevertheless, I think he will come around and still be dominate for us!

8. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

He needs to set more screens, aspire to be Tyson Chandler.

9. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

I've noticed Dwight gets the short end on every 50/50 call. Never seen a star get such bad treatment from the refs.

10. CrashTheBoards

It started happening once he left the magic for la, but it has been the worst since he joined the rockets. Nba refs hate him.

11. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

This. And roll hard to the basket as if he was going for a showtime slam. Even if the ball doesn't come his way, the defense will have to have 1 but probably 2 players to react to that roll just to hope to stop it. That will free up another easy shot somewhere else on the court every time.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

didnt even start the season 100%, then got a swollen knee injury, comes back and strains his shoulder. then the team has a big roster change so everyone has to rebuild the team chemistry again. he'll come around

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Dwight Howard's numbers looked a lot better tonight against the Spurs, so that is good. But the Rockets lost, and that is not good.

Obviously, this is going to be something to keep an eye on.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think your thread was pointless. Literally, the game after you do your Chicken Little act about Howard, he was the best player on the court.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Obviously, he looked great tonight and was not even close to the reason we lost.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He should have gotten more touches in the 2nd half, he had it rolling.

17. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Remember when Yao/T-Mac would get hurt and take time to get rolling when they returned?

Dwight Howard is no different. It's called being human.

18. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

My friend just told me the store leader at his Apple store (Memorial City) just sold Dwight an iPad. I guess Morey never gave him an iPad during his presentation.

Sorry, no pics so it didn't happen.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dwight has been terrible on pick and roll defense...late showing...every time...DMo hedges so well...

20. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I'm done with Howard, he can have a career ending injury for all i care. All this money and not even hustling on the court.