1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard looking a bit lost

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MojoMan, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

He's getting the Yao Ming treatment out there. Bald whities (Koufos) going over the back and hacking him whenever he starts to sniff a bucket. Little point guards running up to him and falling down. It's always a foul on Dwight for some reason. I feel like his game would get exponentially better (aka back to old form) if he could just make more of his free throws.

2. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Gotta be frustrating for him when he gets called for touch fouls, whereas he gets the crap kicked out of him in the paint with only a 50/50 shot of getting a foul called. Very similar to what Yao went through.

Its almost as if the refs figure he's so strong that defenders are allowed more leeway when it comes to defending him. Its BS really.

All of that said, he can't allow the D or the refs to get him off his game. Its on his scouting report so he has to be the one to adjust.

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Dwight always have these random games where he allows his frustion to beat him, and he plays bad. He done this versus Grizz/OKC/ often. He not getting fouls and start doing careless things. However, I ain't worried about it.

4. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Much ado about nothing. He got into very early foul trouble last night.

At the end of the game he was absolutely solid. Nothing to worry about.

5. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Quit with your knee jerk. Just let the man get in rhythm with the squad, the very same one that's seen a lot of changes

6. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I would have liked some better low post D last night but Gasol had him pulled out of the paint most of the game. D12 will be fine. R-E-L-A-X.

7. tnopham

tnopham Member

I find it amazing how people will still find something to complain about after a win. I can understand if we just lost 3 or 4 in a row, but he got into foul trouble early and never got into a rhythm.

It was a quality win against a very good team and Smith did an excellent job for his first game. Enjoy it! :)

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Even with last night's bad game included, Dwight is still averaging 18pt, 12.8rbd, and 1.8 blk in the six games since he came back. He's shooting 57% from the field and 60% from the line. The team has a net rating of +13 with Dwight on the court and -22.3 when he is off the court.

Let's keep struggling in perspective. Dwight may not be playing his best, but he's still putting up good numbers, and the team is playing way better with him on the court.

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

it wasn't dwight it was marc gasol. dwight just can't post him up. he needs to use his quickness against marc.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He needs to understand our offense won't post him up.

Dwight's way to turnover prone, he can't make enough of the post shots consistently and because he is so offend stripped, blocked, or plane turning it over it leads to so many fast break buckets by the other team. So in the process, it slows are offense down with well defended shots, and leads to easy transition buckets for the opposing team, that's a HUGE no-no.

He needs to embrace that he is super garbage man who swallows rebounds like nobodies business, sets fantastic picks, pick n rolls like a monster and gives all the put backs and bunnies at the rim we could possibly need on offense. He really needs to embrace that roll on offense, if he does this team will click perfectly.

1 person likes this.
  11. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Have we not all been watching the same games lately since D12's been back? He had one bad game last night...uhh, all his other games have been pretty darn good. Jeez, we've gotten so spoiled now that when our center posts 18 pts and 12 rbd games, we're all like, omg wai he sux so much?!

12. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Here is the thing Dwight and dmo would have had these games with or without smith in the line . Dwight just was mentally frustrated and does not have what it takes to do other things to get the team going like Hakeem and Clyde so often did. Smith really bailed us out and although he did not blocked he altered several shots. His aggressiveness was much needed and pretty much everything was a drive to the basket, including a couple of really easy misses. I can live with these misses. Point is we would have lost this game by 15 plus and like it or not smith and brewer were the big difference maker.

13. LandryMegaBeast

he had a bad game calm your t***.

1 person likes this.
  14. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this ^^^

15. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

He gets hacked night in and night out, but refs refuse to blow the whistle...Meanwhile they call him for touch fouls...He'll bounce back, up until this game he had been putting up great numbers...Also I don't see any tension, after his two clutch free throw in OT last night the camera flashed to him and Harden Laughing with one another...In short..We'll be fine

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm looking on the internet for points per post up stats but I can't find any, does anyone know where I can find this?

What would also be interesting is a stat that measures points per post "touch," which could take into account kick out 3s Dwight creates or any other score where he gets a touch in the post.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I bet his knee is bothering him.

I know if my knee was hurting, I would think twice about closing out hard.

18. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I may be slightly delusional but I'm not really a fan of how this team performs with him on the court. That first quarter sequence was atrocious. He almost cost us the game.

19. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

He has had one bad game. Last night. That is it. Relax.

20. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

what about the other bad game he had against memphis earlier in the season?