1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard leaves game injured against the Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jan 23, 2015.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

iirc, T-Mac's was idiopathic...they didn't know why fluid kept accumulating...and he didn't need the surgery (I think he did that to avoid the trade we had in the works).

Honestly, if he's practicing and whatnot he should be good. I'm more worried about Harden. He was especially passive tonight and looked like he was in pain.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I like Jones off the bench and Dorsey starting. The one thing Dorsey does well is grab them boards.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Agree. He is breaking down and his knee(s) is a ticking time bomb.

Overreaction? ; ) Maybe, maybe no.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is sad, man.

5. RedRedemption

Regardless I don't think Dwight is worth a max contract anymore. And he's going to screw us by opting in when he becomes a glorified role player.

Crap.

6. kemah

kemah Member

7. HRox832

HRox832 Member

8. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Bone on bone
    Fluid
    Arthritic knee
    Chronic? Pass the green

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

TMac injured his knee during the season and by playoff time had to have it drained a bunch, he got arthroscopic surgery after the season but was clearly a shell of his former self the next season. He was useless out there, getting potentially career ending surgery to avoid a trade sounds silly, he just looked terrible out there and took a risk because he thought it could revive his career.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Provided Harden's ok, the Rockets can survive without Dwight for a while. I just hope this is something that won't jeopardize his season. If Dwight just needs some time off(i.e. til after the All-Star Break), let him rest.

The team is 10-4 without Dwight this season and a lot of those wins came with them missing even more players than just him(and 2 of those losses were to Golden State who we no longer have to play). T-Jones was out all but one of those games(that being tonight's win over the Mavs). Canaan and Papa also missed time during that stretch. Yet they were able to hold down the fort.

Here's the Rockets' upcoming schedule through the All-Star Break:

1/30 @ Boston
    1/31 @ Detroit
    2/4 Chicago
    2/6 Milwaukee
    2/8 Portland
    2/10 @ Phoenix
    2/11 @ LA Clippers

Honestly, other than the B2B at the Clippers, the Rockets can win all of those games sans Dwight(again assuming Harden is ok). Just let him sit til after the break when the team played at Dallas on 2/20. That's nearly a month after the Phoenix game when he injured his ankle.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I hate to sound like a broken record, but...downward spiral. Fans really need to brace themselves because this could really get ugly.

12. RedRedemption

We already experienced Yao and TMac.

13. count_dough-ku

But the Rockets are only on the hook for 2 1/2 more seasons(if Dwight doesn't opt out). And believe me, if Dwight chooses not to opt out in 2016, it means he's signaling he's done. So it could've been much worse. Imagine if Morey and Les handed him a 5-year, $120 million extension and THEN this happened.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

If Dwight is not healthy the second half.

Rockets will go no where this season.

Even with the win tonight, the Rox got out rebounded by the Mavs 39-46.

The Mavs, currently ranking 21st in rebounding in the league, tie with 76ers and the nets.

If Dwight is done this year, we are done.

15. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Or it probaly just needs time to heal and he will come back healthier than ever and be ready to beast.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard will not be with the Rockets on the back-to-back to Boston and Detroit.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/560670383095808000">January 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. JazzLakerHater

It's kind of sad that it gotten to a point with Dwight that I'm not devastated about this news. Obviously I prefer to have him in the lineup, but his energy level has just been poor and he has just not consistently looked good since the first knee injury. Seeing those post ups is really frustrating.

18. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Ugh. Gut punch

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

True..but I feel like a lot of fans are in denial as to the severity of his knee injury. They want him to "rest up for the playoffs" but I think that shop has sailed and the damage is done. I don't know if he's going to need surgery, but I would be incredibly surprised, if he was better by the playoffs, even with rest.

20. count_dough-ku

Duh. He won't be with the team for a while I imagine. I just hope this isn't a season-ending knee injury. We've got nearly 3 months til the playoffs. Fluid in the knee can't seriously keep him out that long, right?