1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard lands role in Hollywood movie

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Skyhoop, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

He doesn't have a large part, but he's going to be in the Owen Wilson/Woody Harrelson animated movie "Free Birds."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...n-turkey-time-traveling-turkey-233313352.html

Hope this doesn't mean he's wants to stay in Hollywood to pursue a movie career. Although it does seem like his move from Orlando to LA has helped his film pursuit sideline. He's graduated from doing the Disney Channel tv show and Kid's Choice awards to doing movies with Owen Wilson.

Let's hope he wants to win in Houston more than he wants to bask in the Hollywood limelight and take over the Lakers franchise when Kobe retires. I think he may want to follow in the footsteps of a Lakers Bigman in Hollywood movies like Shaq in Kazaam (terrible movie).

2. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Oh, I thought the movie was going to be an nba version of this:

[​IMG]

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

An animated movie? So he's just lending his voice? Sounds like a favor for a famous person that can't act.

4. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

The announcement just came out, so I hope it's not the Lakers' pulling strings behind the CBA (illegal) to get him a gig to assuage his desire to be on the silver screen, as an inducement to remain in Hollywood. If it is and it can be proven, that's grounds for serious penalties.

5. 713

713 Member

why is this in garm?

6. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

I guess insofar as it may influence whether he stays in LA instead of coming to Houston. Thus the "roster" part of "game action and roster moves."

7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

It's a plus for living in LA along with everything else. I don't think I could leave the chance to be a millionaire in LA to being a millionaire in Houston or any other random city. Getting a mansion on the top of the ocean or getting a mansion in memorial/woodlands/keliwood. It's a no contest. Better bars, better clubs. You would have to put your championship hopes way higher than quality of life.

Don't get me wrong. If you make 0-$200,000 Houston would be a way better quality of life but once you pass that threshold, what's the point?

8. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

the weather in houston is terrible

he is staying in LA

9. jocar

jocar Member

dafuq does this need its own thread 4 again? lol

10. amaru

amaru Member

Damn, now he will re-sign in LA

:(;)

11. rocketblood713

he a stayer for sure !

12. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

David Stern wants Howard in LA, he'd never penalize the Lakers. But HOU on the other hand...

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

June 15, 2013. A new low has been hit in the Houston Rockets Game Action & Roster Moves.

14. basketballholic

The LAKERS WILL NEVER S&T DWIGHT FOR BLAKE.

The reason is very simple. The Clips will become what the Lakers have been and will be the team that said free agent (Lebron) will be looking at moving to in another year.

Paul Dwight

vs.

Blake Kobe

If you were Lebron...which one would you consider jumping to???

That's why there will NOT be a S&T of Dwight for Blake......ever. It simply swings the balance of power to the Clippers in one moment. They're in the same town for crying out loud.

15. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I know you probably aren't putting down voice actors out there....but imo voice acting is as difficult as regular acting.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I agree, it can be, but for someone who's not an actor, it sounds like a favor. Like they're saying we'll let you do this one, since we can control the body language, so it'll only be half as bad.:p

17. FTW

FTW Member

he will go anywhere but houston. fool us no more.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Arian Foster is in a movie. I guess he is going to play football in L.A. Oh wait.....

19. biojayc

biojayc Member

Jordan was in a movie. He didn't play for LA. And he wasn't just a voice actor.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Lawrence Taylor has made cameo appearances in movies. Big freaking deal.