1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard: Lakers have no potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 25, 2015.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Exactly. The only real argument is that Howard didn't understand the commercial which is giving him absolutely no credit. The joke is really not sophisticated, although you'd have to see the commercial to get it.

2. kemah

kemah Member

Just another reason we need to get of the bum and have Dmo get every post play there is.

1 person likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dwight is just missing something, like he doesn't understand how these things hurt his image, and his ability to lead.

And it is 100% self inflicted, and unnecessary - and frankly lacks class.

IMO, he has never grown up, and that more than anything is going to hurt him and the Rockets chances at winning with him at a prime position.

He is one of those guys that later in life go, man - he was good, but he could have been an all timer if he would have gotten serious about his craft.

DD

4. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

U do know the title of this thread is not what howard said right?

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I thought it was pretty funny *shrugs*

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Enter DD's "polarizing" opinion ;)

I don't know that Dwight's interview last night says anything about his seriousness of his craft. When he goes back to LA they use every trick in the book to snag a line out of him they can use for a headline. I mean... what else is their to draw in LA people to read about the Lakers? Dwight as their NWO enemy is probably one of their biggest draws the past two years other than graveling at & sticking up for Kobe.

As for Dwight with the Rockets: I really don't have much to complain about with his personality and especially his supposed locker room "cancerous" attitude that we have seen none of. He's been a pretty great teammate (see Howard always being Omer's biggest fan last year), and has had little distraction off the court other than some baby-mama drama which is none of our business to begin with.

My personal opinion about Dwight's legacy (if he was to retire tomorrow). I would think that people and myself would probably say that the shame was he let everyone try to convince him he needed to be Hakeem or Kareem on the offensive end when really he could have been a better offensive version of Mutumbo if he would have just worked harder in the areas he was good at instead of trying to show up the Barkley and Shaq old-timers that put so much pressure on the guy to be the next Hakeem.

Dwight is probably going to go down as one of the greatest defensive centers of all time, but he could have had a greater impact IMO the past couple years had he not tried to expand as a finesse post player. The worst thing that ever happened to him was this pressure to be a finesse post player.

I don't see how anyone can think that Dwight doesn't take what he does seriously. Dwight is a different kind of person who like to look goofy and does Sesame Street episodes in the offseason, but I don't see where that has anything to do with the amount of work he puts into the game on his free time vs. someone that has to be Derrick Rose-like serious.

Anyways... that's my 2 cents on Dwight. I just want the guy to be Dwight on the defensive end, and I want to see more pick and rolls/less post ups.

7. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is so off base. Dwight has been nothing but mature on the court. I have no problem with a guy who likes to have fun while playing a game for a living. This joke was hilarious. No one is criticizing him for it. In fact, most reactions I've seen paint it as pretty funny.

8. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

People who don't get how Howard just burned LAL need to watch the GEICO commercial first, then read his quote. It then comes off pretty straightforward. Kinda clever, making fun of LAL a bit. Also a bit rude.

He probably shouldn't have said it, tbh, but it was funny haha.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Are we getting butthurt over this? Truth hurts sometimes.

10. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Just ignore DD, his hatred for Howard knows no bounds.

1 person likes this.
  11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Dwight Howard faked the moon landings. Look it up.

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Someone repped me leaving "Stfu" for this :(

1 person likes this.