1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard: Lakers have no potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 25, 2015.

1. rocketblood713

No problem if he playing but since he's ducked and dodged them twice I would say stfu

2. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Baited by the media for a snide comment they can use to blow up, and he swallowed it. Gotta be smarter, Dwert.

1 person likes this.
  3. ribbit

ribbit Member

Dwight should just answer every question with "execution."

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

LA virtually has no middle class. It's society is feudal in design with resources allocated to the nobles and royalty (ceos/celebrities). In 2003 I went to visit family and was shocked they had no internet connection at home.....

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Lmao, that's a strong hit at them.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Lol... That was funny.

But at this moment Howard isn't in position to be making fun of other teams when he's just a high paid roll player himself. He's not even Robin to Harden's Batman... He's more like Alfred. A damn butler.

1 person likes this.
  7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Julius Randle still tbd

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What is with that Pinocchio pic?

9. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I think it's funny. Didnt the Lakers fans cheer "Howard sucks" for a full game and show no appreciation when they had him? Howard owes them nothing. Talk trash, it's a part of sports

10. HTM

HTM Member

nobody cares

11. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ETShkg-65fY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. bmd

bmd Member

I don't think Dwight was trying to make any subtle point. He probably just thought it was a funny commercial and used the line to answer questions just jokingly.

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Over the years, the Lakers have found success by being able to acquire standout players:
    Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Shaq and Kobe, not to mention Pat Riley and Phil Jackson.

Players (and coaches) like this only come around maybe once in a decade (MJ, Hakeem). And you have to be able to land them on YOUR team.
    They can take over a game and 'will' their team to victory if necessary.
    Players like Worthy, Green, Gasol, Cooper, Scott, etc... these guys are primarily role players, NOT superstars.

The torch in LA has burned out and likely won't rekindle unless they convince a player named LeBron to move west.
    The Lakers will likely be mediocre or just another contender for some time.
    Especially with Kobe eating up most of their payroll from his first row seat.

R.I.P. Lakers - the rest of us enjoy seeing you move from the penthouse to the outhouse. Welcome to mediocrity

14. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Kevin Durant is the first that comes to mind.

1 person likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

His comment said the opposite of "no potential." I am sure his commercial reference is just a dumb mistake. Kind of like the "unattainable" comment by Josh Smith. You all are giving Dwight too much credit for making a smart joke.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Indeed. Dwight has obviously been lurking in Hangout and, inspired by the thread you hinted at, uncorked this gem. I wonder if he's registered? And if so, what would he pick as a moniker? Something funny, I bet.

17. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, this is Dwight we're talking about. He probably just was trying to make a joke, as he tends to like to do.

It is kind of an interesting comment. If you don't associate it with the Geico commercial, it's actually a subtle compliment tinged with disappointment. If you do associate it with the Geico commercial, it's a surprisingly harsh burn. Either way, I think he has every right to say whatever he wants for as much as crap as he gets, but I somehow doubt he had that much thought into it. If he did, then congrats, Dwight.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

???

He said he got it from a commercial. How does anyone mistakenly say the words, "I saw it on a commercial"? What was he actually trying to say?

19. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

You mean, like THIS...

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-yXiWZyJL90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

What is it with these ultra popular clutchfan members. Once they get recognition and fame, they go off the deep end.