1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard is the MVP...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Apr 21, 2015.

1. alethios

alethios Member

Harden was doing his MVP thing while Dwight was out for a major part of the season. Mavs are (wrongly) focusing on Harden and getting burned because of it. Thankfully, we haven't needed a big game by James but I think he will bust out a big scoring night if it's really needed.

Frankly I don't see any reason to complain about Harden's game right now because we have the great role players who are finally filling in the gaps.

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Smoove made Howard look GOOD tonight. Mavs terrible on over-collapsing leaving weak side power players at the rim. Dwight got good position and Josh made them pay when it counted tonight.

3. Asian Sensation

This. A true contender doesn't rely on just option A or B.

With that said I think Harden will have at least 1 HUGE game out of the next 2 in Dallas and single handedly will us to victory.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight played well tonight (especially by playing within himself).

Biggest thing I'd love to see is that he stops volleyball spiking his blocks and actually keeps the ball in play so we have a better chance of getting the possession.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My signature, thank y'all. (took a bow)

6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He will get his. What's great is that he did not need to iso as much as he did last year with everyone playing together... he was effective in drawing defenders and overall focus on Harden. Making everyone else better. Rox for life!

7. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Harden's hockey assists are severely under valued, any action between Harden, Smoove, and D12 is easy money thanks to the initial trap on Harden

I've been Preaching about Dwight's return to dominance since his injury...Never count out Playoff Dwight :cool:

8. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

You guys are way overreacting on Harden. What do you want 40 points every game? Dallas isn't playing defense to allow that. We don't need mvp James for Dallas. We just need all-star James, which we've gotten. If he keeps doing what he's done the first two games for the rest of the series I'd be fine with it.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

How can our MVP play only 36 seconds in the second half!

10. LandryMegaBeast

this is exciting guys. playoff dwight is not a myth. playoff rondo on the other hand...

11. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Is this supposed to be a shot at Harden? Why can't both just be valuable?

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is bittersweet to me, if we still had Bev and Dmo I like our chances againsts any team.

Hopefully this performance is something revealing for the team. As I've always said over and over, Dwight would average more points off garbage buckets and oops. That's his game, always been his game. Don't listen to dumb and dumber on TNT fault him for not being Hakeem.

Hopefully going forward Dwight will understand that the less post ups for him the better. Just like Harden can get 10 easy points at the line, Dwight can get 10 easy points off of cleaning up and the occasional oop.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

in the playoffs, the most valuable commodities are defense and easy points, and dwight is dominant at both

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Beverley's injury could have one positive for the team. If he comes back soon he will probably come off the bench. Which is where I think he would help the team the most to begin with.

15. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

You don't mess with Superman when he's on a mission to defeat any form of kryptonite.

16. Asian Sensation

Exactly. He's at his best off the bench. I sure love the way Prigioni facilitates the offense and I think Terry is going to do major damage in Dallas but it'd be nice to have Bev's services to raise hell against CP3 or Parker.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Beverley usually eats Barea alive, it's that we don't have someone to get up and into his ****ty handles that is getting him these points.

18. reliableman

reliableman Member

Dwight stole Dirk's lunch money. Tyson Chandler is a B too.

I wish Chandler "Regular" Person would be healthy so we could make him cry on the court.

19. RESINator

RESINator Member

Lack of offensive rebounds killed us

Off game from howard on the boards is brutal to our team