1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard is a beast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Nov 5, 2013.

1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

OK this is how it feels to have a dominant center. I forgot about this feeling ever since Yao went down. Today he was doing great post moves, nice passes, rebounding like crazy, blocking shots and making his free throws. If he can keep this up and gradually gain his old self back, Houston has a GREAT future.

I was 20% skeptical when we signed him, because he didn't look that good last season. Now it's clear that he wasn't 100%, but he is getting there now. He is also happier and being fed the ball on a consistent basis. Good morale and confidence can go a long way. With the way he's progressing, we got more than we bargained for.

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I am glad he doesn't make so many turnovers....he played a complete game....i mean the free throws made alone is just amazing. What ever he's doing...or singing...it's working.

3. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

MUCH IMPROVED FREE THROW SHOOTING!!! I'M SO HAPPY WITH HIS PROGRESS I'M TYPING IN CAPS. SORRY!

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Best his post up game has looked all season IMO.

5. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

well, in all fairness, he had 6 TO tonight.

but, a great game indeed.

6. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

he had 6 turnovers tonight. He has to cut that down. I haven't seen the block shots and steals he usually gets. I'm hoping he can get to DPOY Dwight soon

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If he actually has improved FT, and this isn't a hot streak, then I think he should add a little 10-15 foot Duncan bank shot to his game.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

I feel like this Dwight just has to appear every 2-3 games. I still don't think he's good enough to be a dominant scorer every game. But you have some of these to complement the rest of the offense and we'll be just dandy.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Some you had doubts.. because he was dominating but missing the bunnies, because he was turning the ball over when he didn't know where the double was coming from... shame on some of you...

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Really hoping he can carry this over to Thursday and give a big F U to the Lakers and the rest of the country on national television

11. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

So athletic

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's a beast. Throughout the year, the Rockets will learn to get him the ball more. They finally gave him the touches he deserves tonight, and he dominated.

13. rocketblood713

lol another bad game and everyone will want to trade him same goes for Harden ..so whatever to this thread!

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

We all know who to thank.

[​IMG]

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm sure he's listening to "Dance For You" that always puts me in a good mood

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

He had 6 turnovers

17. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

It's a long season. I'm sure he'll be improving quickly, especially with tutelage from McHale and Dream. I hope we see more of Dream's Deadly Combo, that alley-oop was just amazing. He needs to improve on his FT and I think he is capable. He might think about the bank shot. He has to learn to pass out of the double team better.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't count offensive fouls turnovers, They are better than a missed shot since the ball stops and there is no chance for a fast break.

19. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

He also had a couple of travels. Neither of those two led to fast break points so I can live with them. But cutting it down to around 4 would be ideal.

20. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

There really are no post players in the nba, scorers and defenders. We need to feed this guy.