1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard injury thread (video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, May 19, 2015.

1. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

not cool man.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a career injury but it definitely looks like something that could hold him out for a few games. A sprained knee isn't good news in the post-season.

If the ligaments are stretched in any way, it means his knee isn't stable and he shouldn't be playing on it. But it's hard to say how severe just from what we saw. I would think it's a good sign he could walk around afterwards, so hopefully it's a minor sprain and it's just stiffening up now. But I doubt they will push him to play thursday.

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Didn't look like smith hit him hard enough to bruise, I would have guessed a strain best case scenario.

I'm having Yao Ming lakers series flashbacks, I'm going to have depressing dreams tonight.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am just going to pray.

DD

1 person likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you ever played any sport?

6. brozef

brozef Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets center Dwight Howard said he didn't consider his knee injury major and he is hopeful he will be ready for Game 2 after rest.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/600878130576785408">May 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Not always true. I was playing some pick up basketball many years ago when I guy completely blew his knee out...think he got the MCL as well as the ACL. He actually played more on it that day. My daughter, on the other hand, couldn't walk on hers. But I think it does depend. It's much like people saying I know it wasn't broke because I walked on it...lots of time you can walk on a broken ankle, or leg.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Hope D12 can come back at 100 percent on thu.

Prayers, treatment, positive thoughts.

1 person likes this.
  9. egr281

egr281 Member

Come on dwight get healthy we need you big fella! These idiots on ESPN are sleeping on you big time you were amazing before you got hurt.

10. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Smartest thing you've ever wrote. I mean it.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'd rather they rest him right now for Game 2, even if he can probably go. I feel like we still have a decent chance of stealing the game with Smith/Jones/Capela taking the minutes and the ball moving around more.

The only problem is that it means Harden plays 46+ minutes.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

hoping he is fine...but the hit he took to the lateral aspect of his leg...makes me worried about a MCL strain... But im thinking it could just be a bone bruise...hoping for the best.

This is a good thing for the Rockets, bc it forces them to be more focused knowing that there is a possibility that their big man might not be there! I expect this effort to carry on to game 2.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Man it sucks Warriors are benefiting from so many injuries in the league this year. Luckiest #1 seed ever.

14. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

This loss tonight and possibly the series if DH is out any appreciable time is on Smith, his 4th qtr sloppiness was key to this loss and seeing how he may have injured DH inadvertantly though it may have been just makes me want to punch the guy he is such a Jeckyl & Hyde player...

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I see this idiot got banned. Good on the mods.

16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I saw Dwight's post game interview. He didn't come across worried long term like he did when he got injured during the regular season the first time.

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I hope it's just a bruise like he said.

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

19. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Well, if it wasn't "major" rub some dirt on it and get you @$$ back out on the court!

20. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Just saw Dwight interview in locker room and he didn't indicate the injury was serious. He said "this is a long series." Put some ice on it, say your prayers and get some good sleep big fella.

I forget who it was and what sport it was, but earlier this season a guy went down with what appeared to be a serious injury. After a night's sleep dude felt no pain and was good to go. For the life of me I can't remember who it was.