1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard gives an update on his knee issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2014.

1. kemah

kemah Member

mo

It is good to skank it up at times. Or it used to be from my distant memory. Good for Howard. :)

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Have DMo, Dorsey and Black rendered Dwight expendable?

3. Carl Herrera

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

5. alethios

alethios Member

I know J.R. made the Clowney comment, but that does enter into my mind that he could find his knee not healing properly and need to sit out for much longer. Maybe our focus should be on trading for a defensive big that can bolster the front court.

6. Carl Herrera

What conspiracy theory?

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

some posters here think the legal issue is the issue

8. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does it matter?

9. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Man i really hope is not a season ending injury, get well soon D12.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Last report said Dwight was no longer in pain. McHale's comment doesn't really indicate anything has worsened. He's just pessimistic about a quick return. It could just mean the Rockets are being overly cautious and won't bring him back until he's 100%.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That he hurt his knee on the chin of one of his kids when he was disciplining them. I don't think Dwight trains Muay Thai so his knee bone wasn't solidified like most Muay Thai fighters who use knee strikes. Dwight lacked sufficient calcium in his knee so it broke when he landed the knee strike. Again this is just a theory and has not been confirmed on Twitter yet.

2 people like this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm starting to get a bit worried about Dwight's conditioning now. I hope he's keeping it up with upper body work and low impact cardio.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

McHale: "hopefully we get Dwight and Isaiah back relatively soon. Papa might be another story"

Sounds like he thinks Dwight and Canaan will be the first two back and it'll be sooner rather than later.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, I heard that. But he hesitated a bit when he said it, so I'm starting to get concerned. I just don't understand why it's so hard for the team to give everyone a damn timetable. An injured knee and sprained ankle are not mysterious, uncommon things in the NBA. It's pretty easy to diagnose them and figure out how long a guy will be out.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm sure they have an internal timetable. I don't actually blame them for not announcing anything out in the open to the media. It does two things. For one keeps the opponent guessing. And secondly, the way the media is nowadays constantly looking to bite their teeth into our players, I don't blame the team for avoiding that mess altogether.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Medical School must have been a b**** for you.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He's not wrong. I don't doubt there is something wrong with Dwight's knee, its just been played out in an extremely fishy way. Speculating never helps anyone though, enjoy the wins!!!

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Black and Dorsey have showed enough to where we can bring Dwight back with limited minutes to get his game shape back. With all these injuries, going deep into the bench will be key to keep these guys healthy.

I would also keep quiet in the media regarding the time table of the players. Make the opponents go into games unsure until the last minute about who will line-up.

Also I don't want the players focusing on when the injured guys will be back but just focus on preparing to grind out wins. They will be back when they are back mentality.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's definitely wrong.

I absolutely hate when people basically say, " X person had the same injury as person Y, so they both should be out the same amount out time".

Injuries vary, even when it's diagnosed as the same degree of injury for the same joint. People heal at different rates and they all assess their progress differently. Bev is the perfect example of someone who probably exaggerates how good he feels to get back more quickly. We know what happened with him. Others are more careful, more realistic.

This isn't 1 + 1.

And look at our record. Seriously, we keep winning. Why bring a guy back at 90%, when the team is winning? Might as well secure the 100%. Look at KD and WB. There's no doubt they would have waited longer, if they could, but they couldn't. They'd risk throwing away a whole season.

1 person likes this.
  20. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Exactly