1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Edema

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gqgeo, Jan 28, 2015.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

When my MRI came back with bone edema and a osteochondral lesion I was told I need microfracture surgery. Hope Howard doesn't need the same.

2. jump shooter

DMO is a 7 footer who is Elite, untradeable, artist and unstoppable low post scorer, he won't be out of position. LOL

3. kemah

kemah Member

lol

And best of all is he is White.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a center - that is his natural position, but he will need to improve his rebounding with Dwight out - or we will need Josh or Jones to be the primary rebounder.

We still need a backup center though, and losing Tariq was a big blow, he is MILES better than Dorsey - but if Dwight is out - then there is no need to go all in anymore.

DD

5. Progs

Progs Member

It'd be nice to snag one of the Minnesota bigs but the price would be too much I fear.

6. jump shooter

I totally agree.

7. kemah

kemah Member

No we need a starting center. Dmo is a back up until he gets consistent and develops better defensive skills. Also need more than a hook shot because a one trick pony will be shut down.

8. DaDakota

I am not sure you actually watch the games, or if you do, you clearly do not understand what is going on - DMo is not just a hook shot, he has a variety of moves, and has elite footwork.

I am sorry that your favorite player is out - we all would rather have a healthy motivated DHo playing, but if not, next man up.

Why not get on board and cheer for the guys that are playing now? The healthy ones that are lacing them up?

Seems that would be a better option than spitting out vile all over your own chin.

DD

9. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I fear that you could be right :(.

10. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Look in the mirror.

11. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

But he's been here way before DMO. I'm not sure why he seems to have some level of disdain for some of our best players, but he does root for the team as opposed to individual players. For me personally, I always pull for our players to do well. When we have a three-time defensive player of the year, I'd rather him be healthy, too. I like Motiejunas, but forgive me for thinking that two healthy players is better than one. With Dwight, it is most certainly not addition by subtraction.

12. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Yeah true but to have wanted a great player gone so their fave player to get all the post ups is not someone that seems to like their team but after the LOF's here it has showed times have changed. Hopefully we get a center soon and Dmo can get back to playing the 4 again. Dorsey ain't cutting it. TJ is good at rebounding and his 20 minute restriction should increase to 30 minutes within a few weeks. Josh is a beast defensively at least. Just need a starting center and fast.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His season averages are all down from his career averages 16 points down from 18, 11 boards down from 13, 1.4 blocks down from 2.1 and he's played poorly since Christmas....I'm not sure how you wouldn't be able to see that or why it is relevant. Also, no one is suggesting "dumping the guy" but you when you are arguing with straw men. The point is that he's clearly hurt and is a detriment to the team like that, he needs to stay out till he's healthy.

Is that why you don't like him? It's gotta be something irrational like that because there isn't really any valid reason for the way you talk about the guy. Any actual, rational Rockets fan would be happy that a PF took a huge leap forward and was helping the team.

14. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Hopefully he'll be ready by the playoffs

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Idk if I'd go that far, Dwight has been giving terrible effort though.

I'd still rather have him playing in the playoffs than sitting, hurt or not.

16. DaDakota

Not if he can't go full speed, because that Dwight is just not that good, and he still wants to post up, on D it doesn't hurt that much but on O, it is gawd awful.

DD

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He still protects the rim better than anyone else on the squad though. And he's still good for a few lobs a game. His effort should be better in the playoffs as well even if he's hurt, we saw that with TMac in the 2008 playoffs, the guy was incredible on like one leg.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Its easier for people to hate on Josh Smith than notice the weakness of Dmo.

Its called offense vs defense.

When Josh missing some shots, people are jumping all over him and call him a scrub.

While when Dmo was making his shut put baskets, all will be forgiven about how the Rockets was murdered on the glass.

NBA players are not just either JJ Watts or Tom Brady, some people just don't get it.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's really "effort" with Dwight, I think it's injury. Since Christmas Dwight has looked to be playing at about 50% his normal ability which has hurt the offense and defense. He might be giving it all he's got, but if you are at 50% due to injury, no amount of effort is going to make up for that. There were morons saying that Jadeveon Clowney was not giving full effort in recovering and getting back playing after his meniscus tear.....then we found out he needed microfracture surgery.

Effort doesn't matter when your body doesn't go along with the program.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

D-Mo singlehandedly won us that game.