1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dwight Howard = Delivering

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rosenberg, Nov 14, 2013.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

God Howard is killing me. When have you seen him take over a game?

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He rebounded and was very good on the defensive end today. He was just poor in the post today, got riled up.

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

his block shots saved us late in the 4th

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

He needs to FACE UP. Play to your skill-set, his skill-set is not finesse... Never has been. If he faces up he can use his athleticism to his advantage & get to the free throw line throughout the game.

He had his worse game of the season today but he was still a force defensively. He needs to calm down, people are gonna react to his shot in EVERY ARENA IN THE NBA. He cares too much about pleasing people, sometimes you just need to think "**** em, i'm just gonna play my game, **** what they wana see" even if that includes us...

He'll improve.

5. dookiester

dookiester Member

bet people have been saying that for the last decade. the reality is dwight will never have anything close to a reliable post game, and the rockets are going to end up wasting multiple possessions per game trying to pretend that he isn't horrible on the offensive end of the court. he should know by now that the best way for him to get points is by crashing the offensive glass and rolling hard to the bucket. anything else is a crapshoot.

6. Mr. Space City

right now dude is basically a slightly better tyson chandler that gets to the free throw line more. he isn't looking like a "superstar". great rebounder and shot blocker but thats it.

if this franchise wants to have any championship aspirations for the future he needs to either get better in the post or become a better free throw shooter.

he'll do enough to win games but they're not just trying to win games now.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dwight's trying to prove people wrong rather than going out and doing what he excels at. If he were facing up on these post moves and giving quick drives to the paint, he'd be ballin'. Back to the basket just isn't his game.

Luckily I'm not worried though. He's been dominant this season. He's averaging a healthy 18, 14, and 2, and he's playing expectedly great defense. Howard is fine.

8. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

Dwight need to improve for sure, especially free throws. Once he have confidence with his F/T, he will be more comfortable posting up. He's clearly trying too hard tonight to get involve in the game, I like his effort tonight and that's all I ask for.

It's still early in the season guys, this team including Dwight will only get better.