1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Aware That Houston Has Become More Attractive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Do you want Dwight Howard in free agency?

1. Yes, a Ho is hand is better than two in the bush

417 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Nah, lets get Lebron next year

374 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

So we should ignore everything else and chase the superstar tag? Since when is Houston a 15 year old wannabe groupie?

2. VanityHalfBlack

If we somehow manage to keep Asik and have him come off the bench for Howard?? We'd be the best team in the NBA...

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it wouldn't have to be a trade. he will be a FA if he doesn't sign with the lakers.

4. bgrice

bgrice Member

Some of the posts i'm reading right now are asinine. Yall mean to tell me yall wouldn't take a guy who's obviously nowhere near 100% and still avg 17 and 11. Look, I'm no personal fan of d12 myself but I know that he IS a franchise player when healthy and would fit in great w/ this team. He doesn't have to deal w/ all the pressure and scrutiny here in Houston and can just focus on playing bball and having fun (which is all he wants anyway). He doesn't have to carry us to a championship because he wouldn't be asked to--thats why harden's here. He would definitely be relaxed here and I see him getting back to his orlando form here which in fact was pretty damn good. I understand the health issues are a concern, as they should be, but dammit you have to take risks to get to where you wanna go--THE MOUNTAINTOP. And as far as the free throws go, yea he sux but w/ him and harden in the game we will almost always have the opposition in foul trouble late in games when the ball will obviously be in harden's hands...NOT dwight's

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

If Howard isn't what you want, then exactly who do you want?

6. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

There's no way Kupchak would tell the media he's trading Howard.

7. AXG

AXG Member

It would be an absolute mistake to trade for Howard. We'd be getting another TMac. He has chronic injury problems and has been pouty when he doesn't get his way, not worth it.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

but he's not trading Howard. I don't say that meaning to sound like a know-it-all. I say it because it doesn't make sense. Howard doesn't know what he's gonna do this summer. LA loses any opportunity to lock him up if they trade him before the deadline. If he decides to bolt, they can still get picks for him in the offseason. Why prematurely close the door on locking up the future of the franchise by trading him now ...especially when the team has improved in recent weeks?

9. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

We've learned our lesson about picking up guys with a history back problems. We literally saw TMac deteriorate before our own eyes....

10. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

An Asik and Dwight frontcourt! :eek:

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

For those of you that would not sign Howard as a FA i would highly encourage you to study the NBA more, and come back with a better sense of the league.

12. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Howard's injury situation scares me off completely.

The personality and effort issues are a giant red flag, but I could live with those if he was still the invincible defensive maniac he was in the past. But now, with all the injuries and health issues both keeping him out of games and hurting his performance on the court, I don't think giving him a max contract and giving up on the upward trajectory Asik is on would be a good idea.

This is the question --who do you want at center, Asik (who seems to be improving, is healthy and has a reasonable contract) or Howard (who seems to be on the downward slope of his career, is having injury issues and would be on a max deal)?

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I would also encourage them to see a #psychiatrist, because that is insane.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

True, but you really think they would let him walk for nothing?

The same team that traded Shaq, Vlade, and Eddie Jones for valuable assets. The only person I don't think they'd ever consider trading is Kobe, he'll definitely retire a Faker.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If we aquire Dwight Howard I can see us at least getting to Western Conference finals and if Lin is Linsanity we are winning the championship.

16. Arthurprescott2

His health issues scare me. He's still recovering from his back surgery. Unclear whether Dwight will ever be the Dwight of 2-3 years ago. And he'll need surgery on his shoulder this off-season.

His personality issues aside, the health issues really scare me.

17. bgrice

bgrice Member

if dwight signed here everyone would be jumping for joy...stop frontin

18. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Howard, otoh, is less attractive.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Considering there's no income tax in Texas, how much does that close the gap between Houston and LA's potential offers after taxes?

20. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Considering that we're getting comparable production out of Asik at a fraction of the price he seems like only a marginal upgrade at this point. I'd be just as happy with Josh Smith anchoring the defense.