1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Aware That Houston Has Become More Attractive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Do you want Dwight Howard in free agency?

1. Yes, a Ho is hand is better than two in the bush

417 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Nah, lets get Lebron next year

374 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. BeardlyBeardman

Do. Not. Want.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Screw that I'll take him as long as we get to keep Asik as our backup and move Greg Smith to power forward

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

C'mon, Dwight might be an immature prima donna, but no reason to question his gender.

1 person likes this.
  4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Adding Howard for free would take our defense, rebounding, PNR offense&defense, fastbreak to another level. If he can be healthy again and Lin can improve his outside shooting to 35%, we are going to blow out every opponent including Heat.

5. AbrahamLincoln

I don't think he will walk away from 30 Million dollars. Also, I think he will be having back problems for the rest of his career. I'd be happy to have him and hes a great player but hes not leaving 30 million in LA.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I would think Lin would have to be included in a Howard trade, he and Asik.

Can you imagine the hysteria, "Linsanity moves to HOLLYWOOD!" it would get so freaking annoying.

Nash is getting up their in age and they'd need to replace their all-star center with somebody. So I'd think those 2 would have to be part of the peices of the trade.

8. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

How do you mention this:

And then not mention the difference in taxes that make these numbers a lot closer than it appears in this paragraph? The only person who benefits from the pre-tax numbers is the agent.

9. Nook

Nook Member

I don't buy Dwight going to the Rockets. He is not going to walk away from $30,000,000 and the Lakers will not do him the service of trading him like the Magic did. They will call his bluff.

However, if by some miracle he walked away and signed with the Rockets, that would be a very interesting team. Especially if the Rockets dealt Asik for Anderson and Lopez.

An interesting team:

C -Howard
    PF-Anderson
    SF-Parsons
    SG-Harden
    PG-Lin

I have to think that is a contending team, and the number of 3's would be staggering, especially with Anderson taking 8 a game and hitting 3.5 of them.

10. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

No thanks. we're a 3pt shooting team. he can't even sink a FT ;)

11. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Glad to see Morey get some props, but it wasn't in just 1 offseason. Took a while to accumulate all those... ahem... assets.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I'm 50/50 on Howard because if it's a close game were gonna have to deal with hack-a-ho

13. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Do fans have no patience at all? We've got a solid young core and you don't want to even give them the chance to try and grow together to see how far they can take us before rolling the dice on a questionable acquisition like Howard, a player who does not seem to have the mental fortitude that underpins the success of any true champion, never mind the increasing amount of time his name seems to spend on his team's injury list?

In Asik we already have one of the best defensive centres in the league. The difference to the team when he is in and protecting the paint should be obvious to even the most casual observer. He rarely gets into foul trouble and is exactly the kind of character you want in your locker room and on the court. He's only been a starter for half a season and is getting used to the heavy minutes, like many of his team mates. His offense WILL improve in the off season as will his handling of the ball and as his team mates learn better to feed him the kind of passes that he can convert with a high percentage, his all round impact will continue to rise.

So why do we need to blow our load on Howard? Whether in a trade or through free agency. Is he really worth more than twice what we are paying Asik?

Let's pursue someone like Josh Smith in the off season or even just hold tight and acquire pieces and assets for the next free agency when our core of players will be ready to make some serious noise in the WCF.

TLDR - Patience, young padawans.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

my Turkish swarma

15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Dwight is superstar? Asik isn't?

16. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

Funny, people forget the attitude he had when things didn't go his way...

You forgot a third option on your poll...

o No, don't want him.

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Pass that to the left hand side... I want some too...lol..

18. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

He'll stay in LA.

They have an amazing FO, they won't let him go.

Mark my words, they'll keep Howard over Kobe, they know he is their future.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He is a distasteful character who would make us instant contenders.

20. tor.rocks

tor.rocks Member

Dwight getting injured a lot this season. What's to say he won't. I don't know if you guys really want to risk that. He's the most dominant center now, yes, but all them back problems. High risk, but high reward.

I suspect we'll lose, Lin, and Asik for sure. Probably another piece as well if we wanted Howard.

This could be a Yao Ming, and Tracy Mcgrady 2.0 thing. But you got two dudes with Finals experience. If Dwight stays healthy for 3 years...I make the trade.