1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard asks fans for a favor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vega_281, Mar 4, 2014.

1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

^true. Also let him know that is how it will be during the playoffs

Looks like another missed gem of a game because of comcast for me :(

Sux

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I had to leave the game early at the half to beat traffic.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So he didn't actually tell fans? Sounds like he just said something during an interview.

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I had seven empty seats beside me the whole game. I couldn't believe how many Miami fans were there tonight.

5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Plus the attendance was bad before this Comcast fiasco.

6. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Comcast SportsNet has really hurt Rockets and Astros fan base. Those corporate seats will always remain empty at start due to ticket holders remaining in the VIP lounges until they want to sit in their seats or chose to remain in a suite. Tonight, most of the lower bowl seats were filled close to half time. The arena was rocking, and loud. Don' know of a quick fix. Wish box office would figure out those that didn't attend by half time and upgrade to fill the lower bowl.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I haven't been to the Toybox since the Yao TMAC years.

Which was one of the most boring professional games I have ever attended. (TMAC or Yao....or both were injured).

Crowd was silent.

I'm hoping to finally make it to a game this season, maybe in April once I'm settled from moving down into the area and a little more stable financially.

8. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

How the hell did Lin get into the conversation? SMH

----------------

As we battle further into the 2nd half of the season and into the play offs, I hope our crowd will get louder.

9. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

That's because those tix were going for about 1k each. They were all sitting with us in the $110 "Cheap Seats"....

10. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Fixed for you.....and I agree

11. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Les has to take a hard look at the mistake that was made with the lexus lounge/lower level Toyota Center poor planning for basketball game time situations fiasco this off season.

Seriously though, the tickets for last night's games were rightfully jacked up beyond affordability for many people - the reigning champs were in town so why not. No need to look any further than that for the cause of empty seats.

Have to add the edit so that there is no mis-perception: F$#* Comcast!!

12. makio9

makio9 Member

Wouldn't work. The corporate owners would complain the seat is dirty the following game.

13. makio9

makio9 Member

And I completely misread what that guy was trying to say. Moving on.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

all the seats were sold and then some.

Rockets are selling out every game..selling the tickets isn't the problem. They've sold every ticket in the building every game this season. http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

And as for seats right behind the Heat bench..often those are reserved for the visiting team to give out.

15. bmd

bmd Member

It doesn't stop people from going to games. But being able to follow the team on TV creates more excitement about the team. They are more vested in the season. So when those fans do attend a game or two, they'll be more passionate.

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Team is finally good and 60% of the city can't watch and you blame them for not being excited?

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If they get a couple of deep playoff runs, or championships, it will most definitely happen.

The Rockets crowds in 1996-97 (the last real "contending" year) were far more rowdy, vocal, constantly standing, and likely to be in their seats at tipoff than any other year in Rockets history, including both championship years.

Why? Because those fans had already been through 3 consecutive years of extended playoff runs, and they had "experience" enough to know how to cheer rabidly.

Most attending fans likely weren't also season ticket holders in the summit. Most have never been to a WCF game, let alone an NBA final game. Just like it takes time for a team to gel, it also takes time for fandom to find itself (especially in this city).

Just as long as they continue to win, and this culminates with a DEEP playoff run (or two, or three), the fans will "get it".

18. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

I live in San Marcos, and I've managed to make it to 6 home games so far this season. (8 games, if you count the 2 I went to in San Antonio)...

There should be no excuses as to why TC isn't full every nite (except for maybe the lower-tier teams)!

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Back in the 90's, less than half the city had cable, and of those who did... HSE (which had all Rockets home games) was on a premium tier.

Additionally, the home playoff games as of 1998 were still on pay-per-view.

20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

They need to stop letting coprporate buy all the lower end seats. If you look at the nosebleed seats. TONS of fans, no open seats.