1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard 4pts, 3rbs against phx

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by oldgunrules, Dec 12, 2006.

1. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Boy was I surprised! You'd think DH being more mobile than big Yao, would be able to run with the Suns... I didn't watch the game, but he seemed to got in foul trouble. Did anyone see what happened?

2. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

3. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

whoa how many minutes did he play? 5??? howard seems like the type that can score only on put backs, i dont know if he has any post up moves, he might, so i expect the low scoring, but the guy is a rebounding machine. its hard to see him pick up only 8 or 9 boards, let alone 3...

4. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

double single, go Howard :eek:

5. choujie

choujie Member

He got the Yao treatment by refs. Tic Tac fouls and flops called against him.
    But still, he played bad in this game.

6. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Yeah I heard he got the short end of the stick. Flops everywhere while the Suns could shove him all they wanted. Maybe if Howard starts complaining, the "experts" will take notice and talk about it.

7. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

the guy has so much potential! he seems like a good kid too

8. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Didn't watch the game. From the box score it seems DH got pwned by Amare pretty bad. 4p3r6pf in less than 20 min, while Amare went for 30p8r.

Amare has been pretty good lately, so I guess it is safe to say that he is back?

9. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

That was especially true of Magic center Dwight Howard, who got in early foul trouble and played only 19 minutes before fouling out. Howard scored four points and had three rebounds, both season lows.

Magic coach Brian Hill was even more frustrated, picking up a technical for vehemently arguing the fifth foul called on Howard.

``I didn't think it was a two-way street,'' Hill said. ``I thought (Howard) was getting beat on pretty good at one end and every time he touched somebody at the other end, the whistle blew.''

JVG and Brain Hill can send a letter to D stern. Talk to the refs.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Chalk it up to a "learning experience" I guess. It's hard to believe he was so unproductive.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I didn't see the whole thing, but according to the Magic announcers, almost all of the fouls were questionable. I saw the last two, and they definitely were pretty bogus.

Foul #5 was either a double foul or no-call situation on Kurt Thomas and Howard. It was so bad that Brian Hill tried to go after the referee, and got T'ed up. The refs knew they screwed up and immediately called a phantom make-up call on Thomas the next possession.

Foul #6 was a questionable loose ball foul where Howard bumped into Raja Bell a little bit, and Bell flopped as if he had been hit by a truck.

I think Howard got the Yao treatment here, and never really had a chance.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't understand the Howard hate. The kid is a stud and is only 21 years old and doesn't talk smack. He hasn't even filled in yet. :eek: If I was building the a team for the future. He would be on my short list with Lebron, Melo, and Wade.

13. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

I don't hate Howard. I hate the Suns :mad: I just don't believe their run and gun game will work in the playoff. Never has, never will. When it comes crunch time their shots will not fall, book it :eek:

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

yup

I watched the game

at the end he got really frustrated and almost smacked the crap out of amare

boy, is he a monster

15. pacertom

pacertom Member

Do we also have threads on him when he has 20 point/ 20 rebound games?

He had an off night.

It happens.

16. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Tell that to the guys on SportsCenter. They have been saying all year that Dwight will be the best center once Shaq retires

:mad:

17. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

Howard got the Yao treatment this game. Dont let the stats fool you, Howard got the ball DEEP and beat Amare early but got in early foul trouble.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Howard fouled out in only 19 minutes.

19. SunsRocketsfan

aww come on. .the suns arnt that bad aside from amare.. i dont like that guy cuz he's cocky. but its been nice to see him make his come back from such a serious surgery.. anyways the suns are definately the most entertaining team to watch.. they are just a load of fun to watch . check out their games sometime. their offense is just awesome.. did u see that nets vs suns game?

20. stonegate_archer

stonegate_archer Contributing Member

The refs always reward floppers like Dirk and Manu and punish honest guys like Yao and Howard. It totally sucks!!!