1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Fires Fegan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 26, 2016.

1. HookemHorns1250

*Dwight holds a press conference stating he'll be back next year, with James Harden sitting beside him saying "He's beyond excited to play with Dwight again next year.*

ESPN shuts down. Not accessible for the next 5 days.

2. malakas

malakas Member

absolutely. Firing the agent right before one of his biggest contracts and one that fat is a bellow the belt hit.
    I will surely keep an eye for some Dwight smearing story shortly.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Nah...he'll prove you wrong in the offseason, be prepared for an apology speech

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I know it only takes 1. But I do not believe Dwight will get a MAX contract offer, starting at 30M next season, from anyone.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

But people are assuming this means he is re-signing here or that Fegan was spreading rumors about Harden. It could just mean that what went wrong had nothing to do with his off-season plans or the Harden rumors.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This would be how Fegan retaliates. Not with some public release bashing Dwight, rather through media intermediaries reporting negative things about Dwight.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Because we don't have enough negative things about Dwight to circulate.

Quick Fegan, get your buddy Ken Berger on the phone... While you are at it, Amin Elhassan.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah.. that's why Dwight said his sole focus was working with his teammates to position the Rockets for a future championship.

The language was very very much 'I want more cash and am pissed I didn't get moved' :rolleyes:

Perhaps he realizes that there is a way he can both get paid, and chase a championship here in Houston. Take 1yr $5 mill, 5 years $$$. Houston can lock in 2 other max pieces, and at worst there is a nice core moving forward (who those max pieces are?)

Ok sure, Dwight says lots of things, but the timing doesn't reflect your intimation.

9. malakas

malakas Member

I thought by reading your previous posts you were a smart poster.
    Guess I was wrong.

Who in his right mind believes the PR crap they say?
    What did you expect him to say?
    Oh no..i don't care about no rings. I want my moneyyy.:rolleyes:

1 yr 5 million?:grin:

Ok I for sure misunderstood yoru iq.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

In total agreement with all of this. My only point is that I don't believe this was a "reactionary" move by Dwight to the trade deadline or any one particular incident. It's based on tensions that have been building between he and Dan for years. Dwight was fine with a trade if the new team had interest in signing him to a max deal, but if not, he didn't care. He's certainly not "angry" about not being moved, because his plan all along has been to opt out and cash in this summer.

FWIW, while I disagree with those that think this will lead to Dwight taking a lesser deal, I do think it slightly helps Houston's chances. It's pretty clear that Dan and Daryl aren't on the best of terms, and Dan never wanted Dwight here in the first place. If another team's bid was even comparable to Houston's this summer, my hunch is that Dan would've played the "disrespect" card and likely pushed Dwight to leave. I don't think Dwight will give Houston a sweetheart deal, but if Houston's top bid is comparable to the top bid elsewhere, I think Daryl has a better chance of success without Fegan in Dwight's ear.

11. justtxyank

He is not going to sign for 1 year $5 million. That's CRAZY optimistic.

Your best case scenario on that would be he opts in, or signs a 1+1 deal with a player option with the promise he gets to opt out and get paid next year, but even if he did that it would still be for something in the $20 million range.

If he plays for the Rockets next year for less than $18 million I'll give $50 to the Wounded Warrior Project.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I agree 100%....

Also in fairness to Howard, he is taking the position that 95% of players would take, maximize the money.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hope he retires a rocket

14. justtxyank

99% really. The number of players who don't maximize the money every offseason can be counted on one hand. Before this year past season, even the Spurs trio who got credit for taking less didn't really take less in the past, they just hit free agency at a time when their values were depressed.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I can't see anyone offering Dwight more than 4/100.

16. deshen

deshen Member

Dwight is the last player that I want to leave Rockets since he joined a few years ago. This act shows how strong his mind is to pursuit his dream and every of our rockets fans.

Go Dwight, Go Rockets.

17. malakas

malakas Member

I know it may sound surprising for some here, but the agents are not the big bad wolves who make the players take the money. It's the PLAYERS who want their money and ask for as much as they can get.

And when their agents are not good or the players have low confidence.
    Example : Crowder, Bradley, Valanciunas, MKG (looks good in retrospect but not back then).
    Only 20? sadly I can think of one right now.

18. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I have a new favorite all-time Rocket.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That's 25 per not 20.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

KillBillPanna is not that great at maths.