1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight ESPYs Burn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el gnomo, Jul 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Equally funny to the embarrassment your formerly Heisman-winning hero Reggie Bush got seven years ago. Remember that?

lmao.

1 person likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I appreciate humor, but the no highlights was cold. I hope Dwight sees it and it fuels him. And don't take it out just on the Lakers. Take it out on everyone.

3. QazQay

QazQay Member

LeBron got much, much worse treatment when he left cleveland and he turned out fine. Dwight can handle it.

4. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Remember what? Was he roasted on the ESPYS during a stand up comedy routine? I'm sure it was funny, but I must have missed it because I'm not sure what you're talking about.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

People didn't know how to react, laugh don't laugh...:confused:
    The only thing that they were able to accomplish is to further prove that
    they are butt hurt from the kick that Howard gave them on his way out!

It's a sad day in Lakerville, for the mighty Lakers have stuck out!..:grin:

6. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

But..... the funny thing is that he really didn't have any highlights in LA.

7. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

I'm gonna kill you Dwyane Wade.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

9. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Yeah, like why did they even like him before his decision to leave as an UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT? You can't have the fans like you playing for their team if you didn't have any highlights :rolleyes:

10. The Cat

When you worshiped him for months and only to see him get upstaged on the biggest stage. Yet you still continued to blindly support him for years into his bust of an NFL career due to your stubbornness. That was until you moved onto LeBron.

You of all people playing the "voice of reason" card is hilarious. Your track record is littered with latching onto the hippest thing in sports pop culture at the time and defending it relentlessly, even when you look like a complete clown. Now you're going to blame Rockets fans on a Rockets forum for defending Dwight and act as if you're Mr. Objectivity? :rolleyes:

Go back to slurping LeBron, give thanks to Manu Ginobili and Kawhi Leonard for missing FTs to preserve his legacy, and let Rockets fans be.

4 people like this.
  11. liljojo

liljojo Member

It was pretty funny. I'm sure Dwight would have even laughed at that.

12. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Then why did the fans like him so much?

13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i hope to see more howard haters out there...just gonna fuel him more this season...expect an avg of 15 reb and 28pts /game this season.

14. bcast89

bcast89 Member

And are mad that he left?

15. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Ah I remember the VY vs. Bush vs. Mario thread. That was a serious thread. This was a stand up comedy joke at the ESPYS. Not sure where you see the relation, but I'll play along - you seem desperate for attention.

I will say out of Bush, VY, and Mario - Reggie has had the best NFL career out of the 3 and is still going strong as a starting running back in Detroit while VY is out of the league and Mario is stinking it up in Buffalo. Looks like I was right after all, even 7 years later. A Bust? Not hardly.

16. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Well he was hurt for most of the year so that's probably the main reason why he didn't have any highlights and the fans know he's the best center in the league and appears to be healthy. Everybody wants him. Why do I have to explain that to you? :confused:

Look guys, it was a freaking stand up comedy act at the ESPYS. IT WAS A JOKE, LMAO. Jesus

17. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i'm just glad howard is on our side...

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

It was kind of funny. No reason for anyone to whine.

19. The Cat

Mario had double-digit sacks last year (third time in his career) and has a $100 million contract. Tell me, what is Reggie making? That sums up their value in the eyes of people that matter. But the honest truth is that they're all busts and it's not debatable. None of them came anywhere near the productivity you'd hope for from a top three draft choice. As I recall, most of us weren't saying any of the three would be an automatic Hall of Famer -- that was exclusively you with your Bush crusade. Don't move the goalposts.

That said, obviously an NFL discussion isn't the point of my sidetrack. It's to highlight your lengthy history on ClutchFans of extreme homerism and persistence when it comes to players/causes you believe in. And you know, that's fine. That's part of being a fan, and I respect it. I do it in some cases, too. But don't then turn around with high-and-mighty arrogance and act like you're Mr. Neutrality in this thread.

Dwight was one of the best players in the league this past season, even while injured, and that's why the Lakers were "desperate" to retain him and offer him $118 million to be the future of their franchise. Yet you're parroting the bull**** notion that he "really didn't do anything" and basically advancing the jilted-lover agenda of Laker fans, all the while using a condescending tone to anyone who dares disagree. Shut up.

20. Raven

Raven Member

It's no skin off my nose. Dwight's wearing his grownup pants, and he can take care of himself, but I wouldn't blame him if he boycotted ESPN.