1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight doesn't need more post moves...All he needs to do to be dominant is

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 27, 2014.

1. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Ah forgot to add in the sidenote: I believe Lin and others ran a bunch of PnR's in that Boston game. Dwight/coaches seriously need to get over themselves and do what actually works.

2. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Huh...yea I haven't been paying attention to that, but it just clicked with me. How often do we see Dwight distribute out of the post like Yao did? It's always 1. give to Dwight, 2. PG clears out to the other side, taking away chance of double team/poking by opposing PG, 3. Dwight does his moves and shoots.

3. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I feel like FT% is overblown. I would love to see a stat analysis done on how many games we have lost because Dwight shot a % below what others want him to realistically be at (60%? I see that a lot, but why stop there?! Let's say 65%!). Right now he attempts 9 a game at 52%. If he shot 65%, that'd be about a point more a game. Technically less because you can assume if he shot 13% better FTs, people would do hack-a-Dwight less often and he'd accumulate fewer FTAs a game. Either way, it's about a point difference.

How many games have we lost or couldn't get to OT because of a point? That shouldn't be too hard to calculate (though to be most accurate, one would have to look at each individual game and judge what his FT% was for THAT game and whether if he shot an arbitrary 65% would have changed the outcome), but then we have to also consider games that COULD have turned out differently had we gotten a point more (i.e., games where we lose by 5 but only because they were up a point or so in the last minute and we had to start fouling them). It gets quite tedious and time-consuming to draw up each game.

So my sweeping conclusion is it would not change that many outcomes haha.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I remember Calvin Murphy once said that he could fix Shaq's free throw shooting. Would Calvin take a dip on Dwight's?

5. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

For his standards 65% would be excellent. But yea, 44 is pretty terrible. If it helped Conley, Morey better get on the line with the tracker ball guy.

6. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

For a guy whose been in the league for 10 years, I think this is what your getting from Dwight.