1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight and B2Bs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bro2044, Nov 15, 2015.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

So... is he seriously going to sit out every b2b game this season? I'll be honest, I don't know whats still going on with him physically... is he not healed? Is he just old?

We have 20 b2bs this year, I just don't see how pretty much starting the season with 20 L's gets us anywhere. If we were the Spurs and Pop then sure, I'd understand that we could win without our best players... but Houston is ridiculous. 25% of the time we look unstoppable, and 75% of the time we are a joke this year.

No matter what, usually we look best with Harden and Howard. I know we're still missing DMO, but dear god is this a temporary measure or are we assured that an unhealthy Dwight missed 40-ish games, but a healthy Dwight will miss 20?

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

It's so we can get the 8th seed and dethrone the Warriors in the first round.

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

The article about it implied He would only sit out the back2backs in the beginning of the season and eventually play in both as the season progressd

4. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Okay thats cool since these games don't matter as much, then we can make it twice as hard to even make the playoffs.

:(

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

He's just "old" at 29 years old. He wants to be able to walk at his son's graduation like Derrick Rose.

Rockets & Dwight say he's fine, they're just resting and being cautious so he's healthy for the long run.

Not saying they're gonna miss the playoffs but they gotta make it for that whole plan to work.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's looked very explosive. Don't mess with one of the few things that's working

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I get it, and I want him to be and stay healthy...
    I just wonder if we're good enough to win without him. Last year we were, but this year... I dunno, something is wrong.

8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

He looks great, agreed! I love Dwight actually (well besides limited offense and FTs obviously) and he was our best and most consistent player in last years playoffs. That seems to have extended out into this season and it pumps me up! 4-6 to start the season doesn't tho... its not the end of the world, but WOW how its happening is very VERY alarming.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im sure this is just precautionary. after this month he shouldnt be sitting out b2bs

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this. :grin:

but mostly THIS.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

After we lose 10 more games, he'll start playing again full time.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wonder if he could drop his minutes and play both halves of a back to back. I assume that consistency is one of many things that the Rockets are struggling with.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I hope in the second half of season he plays every game.

We need DMO in the worst way.

14. OpenLayup-Why3?

We should embrace 8th seed. If rings is all that matters, then lets dethrone Warriors in first round or go home in first round and save us some time.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No doubt about this. His absence is a big factor in our inconsistency. The inability of Harden and Lawson to gel together is another one.

That is no excuse however for poor overall defense.

16. SemisolidSnake

It would appear we bought one of the most expensive lemons imaginable.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They're trying to keep his posture in check, so it doesnt affect his back...thats harder to do on back to backs because they're isn't enough time in between for treatment and corrective work.

At least that's what I've gathered, from what they've said, and his injury history.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight has no leverage to be asking for another max contract when he can't play any more then he's been playing. So what if he starts playing more b2b toward the end of the season. The Rox may be in too big of a hole to matter the way they are playing so far. And remember, Dmo was the team's saving grace last year with Dwight out and no one knows when he will be back either.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Should have started him in the Dallas home game. We had better chances of winning a home game versus a road game...which would have been boosted by starting Howard. The decision to start him at Denver in that altitude...to get him in better shape? lol

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dwight has 10 more years at the highest level and dude wants to get paid big one last time. He is not going to risk all that money trying to work his @ss off out there for a clueless dumb coach in McHale and a no D superstar in Harden