1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight admits he hated Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, May 3, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harden got him off the team just like he got him off the Lakers, the Hawks, the Hornets, the Nets and eventually the Wizards.

It's amazing James didn't get him off the team sooner!

#81 J.R., May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    BigMaloe, Reeko, RudyTBag and 3 others like this.
  2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Is he playing for China yet?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Such a flake.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Should have lived on condoms

5. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Good. Cause I hated him.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We could sure use 2014 Howard right now though to get some of those defensive boards.

REEKO_HTOWN and True Rocket like this.
  7. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

F Dwight but he actually praised him in that video. Although I'm sure he's definitely salty about what happened

derp likes this.
  8. jb86

jb86 Member

Dwight actually left the Rockets. He had one more year on his contract.

derp likes this.
  9. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

If D12 would have just done what we want Capella to do we might already have a ring.

derp likes this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Praise be to God.

Still can't believe I stood out in that 100 degree heat in July, waiting for Dwight to finish his interview with BSPN and come outside with the rest of us. Such a child. (Him, not me. Well, maybe me, sometimes.)

James Harden wasn't there. Which said a lot.

At least I got to see Dream, Rudy, et al.

derp likes this.
  11. mockster

mockster Member

He hated Kobe to, he has a habit of hating great players prolly cuz they call his weak ass out

12. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Am I the only one who doesnt hate Dwight? Dwight was a bona fide star with the Magic - his problem was he bulked up too much, and it resulted in him both getting injured and becoming inflexible to the point of no longer being able to do some of the things he was previously capable of doing.

People wanted Dwight to be a person he wasnt. Dwight was not KG, and he tried with us, and generally performed really well in the playoffs (his play against the Clippers that one series was epic). We were right to choose Harden over Dwight, and Dwight is probably a problem in the locker room (with his non serious style and what not) but he wasnt a terrible person and here I kind of feel like he's just talking honestly but with a fair amount of praise for James. Kudos to him, as I am sure James wouldnt feel the same way (think of James' response to criticism from McHale).

Rocketeer likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

his problem was he just wasn't smart enough to be able to adjust to the actual game. he only knew one way and that was his. and as a result his career went downhill

simple as that

Nook likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We could also use a guy that refuses to set a screen and roll to the basket...

o_O

bobloblaw likes this.
  15. panda8six

panda8six Member

What video that you guys listen to? He had nothing negative to say about Harden besides that he views Harden as a reason that he's not on the Rockets anymore and then goes on to praise how well Harden's currently playing.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  16. SemisolidSnake

Wut?

*face is starting to hurt from the contortions it's making right now*

That's the road they want to take? I mean, Harden is easily the most durable player in the league. That's not me as a Rockets fan twisting it. What do I have to gain by saying that? He just keeps going. He carried an entire team of injured players this year. And people forget that in the first year Curry won MVP (though Harden won the players' vote), he did the exact same thing. Everyone on the Rockets was injured that year, and Harden just kept going and going and going. He's a tank. His physical resilience is legendary, and you can put scads of data to this.

Like, this would be the equivalent of saying "Steph Curry is not a good shooter." Steph Curry is a good shooter. One of the best of all time. Objectively. What do I lose by acknowledging that?

There's something so unsatisfying when a person is so far out of the realm of reality when it comes to the things on which they hoist their own petards that you can't even have a dumb subjective argument about it.

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. SemisolidSnake

I was also there. Geez, that day was hot, even by Houston standards. And everything was delayed. And the banner didn't work.

I'd almost say I regret it, but it was pretty damn cool to see Hakeem, Ralph, Elvin, and Yao out there side by side. They're enormous even from a distance. Clyde was there. Then Calvin came out which was a hilarious contrast. Then Bill came out, and that was even funnier. Bill is so short. The most unfortunate thing is that Moses was supposed to also be there, and he couldn't make it, and now he's gone.

But, yeah, Dwight said James was going to come out, and he never did. Hmm.

Ok, I found a shot I took with my old camera. It's not great quality, but it's the best of the bunch. (Here's the full size pic.)

[​IMG]

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden got so much hate on this website during the Dwight era. lmao. Ridiculous.

Blurr#7, jordnnnn and RudyTBag like this.
  19. Milos

Milos Member

I remember the day we signed Dwight, I checked some Magic boards just to see the reaction.
    Most posts were warnings which were eerily similar to those made the day we traded for Tmac ...
    About lack of commitment, diva attitude behind the scenes ... basically 'SOFT' and not a gym-rat hoops junkie
    Both turned out to be pretty accurate

Nook likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

He is perpetually 14 years old......... he isn't so much a terrible or nasty person, he just has zero sense of consequences or accountability. Instead he is too busy impregnating blonde models, making fart jokes and then whining when he does have the success he used to have. The most revealing thing about Howard was the interview with SVG where Howard is smiling and lying to his face and on camera.