1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

dwayne wade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoMing#1, Apr 25, 2010.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Indeed. A plausible scenario. Especially if you consider that some of those B Free Agents wil likely go to NY. But if it came to that, the Rockets are going to be competing with a lot of other teams for his services. What are the odds that Wade would choose Houston?

So two plausible, but small chance of happenings, has to both occur for Wade to be here. Which makes the overall chance fairly improbable.

2. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Lol @ people acting as if they'd object to the signing of Wade. Get over yourselves.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He has always been my favorite non-Rocket, but I too think it's improbable seeing him coming to Houston.

4. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

much rather save that spot for john wall. he's a lot younger. :grin:

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm amazed at how many fans continue to bring up Wade and LeBron. There is absolutely no way they are coming here.They are gonna stay where they are or go to New York (maybe Chicago in Wade's case), but most certainly not Houston. If the Rockets could get them they would ship half their roster to make it happen, don't pretend to think you wouldn't want them.

6. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

If you can get Wade on your team you get Wade on your team no questions asked. That guy is a hell of a player and single handedly took his team to playoffs. He's done more then Bosh has ever dreamed of doing, oh ya and he already has a ring too.

7. NerdJames

NerdJames Member

id rather have Durant come to houston!!

8. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

In my opinion, Wade is the most Jordan-like of all the Jordan clones...
    It would be interesting to know Shaq's thoughts as he played with Penny Hardaway, Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, & Lebron James...

9. rocketshopeful

I don't see wade and rose being able to complement each other. I think Chicago knows that too. Therefore, I don't see wade going to chicago.

10. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Dwyane Wade ain't no T-Mac.

Seriously you guys would not want Wade??? He's clearly a top 3 player in the league and he's only 28.

He has been carrying his team to the playoffs two years in a row with little to no help. Breaking down used-to-be superstar just dropped 46 pts on the Celtics, yeah right. :rolleyes:

I know the odds of him coming to Houston is remote, but if he ever shows any interest I would jump on the bandwagon.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

"breaking down" and "fragile"...what are you guys smoking? As much as wade plays and as hard as he goes he's actually been very durable. This is what i hate about rocket only fans...they think any injuries are automatically chronic and a sign of wearing down...

12. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Winner.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

but i will say wade needs to think about this move VERY VERY carefully. this contract will be his best chance of being the man during a championship run and i hope he doesnt waste it by trying to be "loyal". Loyalty is good, but i think he's given enough to Miami and they failed him when it came to rebuilding a contender. He needs to go with his best shot at winning another title and his game isn't the kind that can survive when his athleticism starts to take a hit. Kobe has adapted well and is continously finding new ways to keep playing well without as much athleticism. I can see lebron adapting, but Wade isn't as good of a passer and can't post up like kobe..

14. Moahst

Moahst Member

Any team would love to get D-Wade, he's a great player one of the very best, but Rick and Daryl have chosen their ideal 2 guard. Kevin Martin will finish out his contract in Houston, I'm convinced.

15. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Wade -- injury-prone
    CP3 -- ballhog
    LeBron -- egomaniac
    Kobe -- douche
    DWill -- Jazz player
    Dwight -- overrated

Houston wants nothing to do with them! :p

1 person likes this.
  16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Dwyane, not Dwayne.

17. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

Another "knee-jerk" thread. So he gets clutch near the end of the game today, so what? We already have semi-decent guards.

18. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I think you just proved why we would want D-wade lol.

19. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

We already have Kevin Martin, we need to go after an elite PF this offseason to help out Yao.

20. amaru

amaru Member

Duo is the key word in that statement. I know we like to have selective memories here when it comes to the ghost of T. McGrady...but he wasn't the only all-star on this team who spent alot of time broken.

I seem to remember another guy, 7'6" Chinese.....all around nice guy, who spent alot of time keeping Keith Jones employed. :p