1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwayne Wade is out of his mind

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by apostolic3, May 14, 2005.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Haha, it's so true. I wonder if the Van Gundy brothers talked about their similarities, and if Jeff ever had evny of Wade's D.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

People that say that Wade is playing out of his mind b/c he has Shaq... Okay...wasn't he the ROOKIE that put a Heat team on his shoulders in the playoffs LAST YEAR? He hit clutch shot after clutch shot. I say this is a natural part of progression for a sick siiiick player. I'm not denying that Shaq has had influence on how his game has matured, but give Wade some credit. The dude could ball before Shaq, he can ball with Shaq, and judging by how he took on the Wizards and their trio of Arenas/Jamison/Hughes without Shaq, he can ball after Shaq's gone.

And yea, everytime I watch the Heat, I am reminded of how good Francis could be if he had Wade's bball IQ.

3. rvpals

rvpals Member

IMO, Wade is already better than Kobe because he's a great team player that can find this teammate more and willing to do so. Also with tremedous skill to finish.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Wade has a lower assist to turnover ratio than even Francis. One thing Wade is really benifiting from this season that no one has mentioned is a point guard that should've been playing in Houston sometime in his career.

5. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Wade will be more successful than Kobe/Tmac. He attacks the
    basket and draws fouls, very similar to Jordan in his early years.
    His scoring efficiency is higher than most perimeter players, and
    as good as most bigmen.

6. rvpals

rvpals Member

Francis did not have Wade's physical gift too, not just lacking bball IQ though. Wade is bigger, stronger, and have really good skills posting up or shooting, also the court vision to find his teammate.

7. rvpals

rvpals Member

It's hard to judge because all these guys (Tmac, Kobe, Wade) still have a long way to go before all it's said and done. I think TMac will go the furthest because he got Yao, all Wade had is a declining Shaq. Because of his personality, Kobe probably will never find a good big man.

8. fa7999

fa7999 Member

I'd take Wade over Bron at this stage. Wade is a winner and Bron is a proven loser.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Band wagoner...;)

10. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Yes, Damon Jones is integral. :rolleyes:

11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Whatever. If the Heat lose it's going to be because of Wade, it will be because he turns the ball over too much or something dumb, and if (I think "when") the Heat win it will be because of Shaq's "dominance".

12. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

If I were building a team, there aren't many guys I'd rather have than Dwayne Wade. He's got a brilliant basketball mind, a sick set of basketball skills and a body custom-built for playing guard in the NBA.

Better, he's only 23 and has already willed an inferior (Shaq-less) team into the second round of the playoffs. Dwayne Wade is already a superstar.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you're right, Jones is a scrub with his over 43% from three point range and his almost 4:1 assist to turnover ratio.

14. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I don't mean to knock Damon Jones but he benefits more than anyone on the Heat because of Shaq's presence down low. Wade's mid-range game, drives to the hoop and 7 apg (which is more than Jones) also help him get those wide open looks.

We are all entitled to our opinion, and IMO, Dames Jones has little to do with Wade's greatness. It is Wade and Shaq who have made it very easy for Jones to have his career year shooting beyond the arc and from 2 pt land. Jones is an OK player, but gimme a break, he doesn't make other players better. Never has, never will. He understands his place on the Heat very well and fills his niche standing outside and waiting for the ball.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't mean to knock Damon Jones but he benefits more than anyone on the Heat because of Shaq's presence down low. Wade's mid-range game, drives to the hoop and 7 apg (which is more than Jones) also help him get those wide open looks.

We are all entitled to our opinion, and IMO, Dames Jones has little to do with Wade's greatness. It is Wade and Shaq who have made it very easy for Jones to have his career year shooting beyond the arc and from 2 pt land. Jones is an OK player, but gimme a break, he doesn't make other players better. Never has, never will. He understands his place on the Heat very well and fills his niche standing outside and waiting for the ball.
    [/QUOTE]

I never said Damon Jones makes players better. My point is Wade doesn't have the responsability of playing the point guard like Steve Francis always has had. In Wade's two seasons he's had two point guards on his team better than Steve has ever played with in Jones and Alston so his mistakes are minimized because he isn't responsible for setting the offense. Wade is encouraged to free-lance.

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Let's not get carried away here.

17. joeforte40

joeforte40 Member

Dwyane Wade might be one of the best players in basketball history whose name is consistently spelled wrong.

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

:confused: So a 20 year old kid is a proven loser? Sure.
    So if you ever get kids (or you might already have them) and when one of them is six he looses from your neighbour kid with basketbal, is he then a proven loser?

Wade is great, But lebron is also great. And i think it is too early to call him a loser.

19. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

What I meant to say is Wade is both PG & SG in one for the Heat. Jones averages 4 assists this year; only 3 for his career. He is barely an average NBA player. He takes no pressure off of Wade at all. Wade averages 7 assists as a SG, making up for Jones' inadequacies. Jones career averages are 7 pts, 3 assists per game, 41% FG. Not very good. You put SF next to Damon Jones and he still wouldn't be 1/2 the player Wade is. Jones doesn't free Wade up; Wade has to take up the slack because Jones is a mediocre player.

Prediction: Jones will not be the starting PG for the Heat next year. This is an area they need real improvement. At his best, Jones is an adequate backup. Jones' best contribution is he is careful with the ball. At the same time, he makes very little happen.

20. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Blame his parents or the birth certificate recorder, not the writers who spell Duane correctly.