1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwade...Steroids?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SPF35, Jun 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

I wish they would be caught this time in London, and get banned for 4 years ..

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Steroids do not make your jaw bigger. They can bloat your face from water retention, however.

I would not be surprised if he is roided but his weight gain from 21 until now isn't uncommon at all.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

A few days all the way up to 18 months...depends what he is using.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Good point, like i mentioned earlier, the summer wade bulked up was the same as the Olympics. He came into the Olympics looking more muscular then ever.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was thinking if it could only track a few days or a few weeks, then they could just stop using it before the Olympics and would not be caught.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

DWade needs to cycle in some estrogen blockers and stop PMSing on the court.

1 person likes this.
  7. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

GH makes your jaws wider, not roids, but he may have gotten fatter too :)

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

and a lazy eye.

9. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Plus Kevin Martin and his skinny arms

10. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

11. Raven

Raven Member

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I don't see how anyone can question LeBron unless they think he has been using since high school, since he had a NBA body since then.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

they don't. Its a conspiracy from lesser able players to get better ones out of the way.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Probably just copying tmac.

15. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Don't the Olympics test for steroids?

I read recently that players didn't want to be the leading scorer for the team 20 years ago because then they had to take a drug test. I think it was Magic who said it was just a pain, not that they were afraid of failing the test. I could be mistaken.

Maybe protocol has changed.

16. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Yup, you think David Stern wanted in on the steroid stuff NOPE, he had enough issues-So ya I def. suspect that NBA players have used steroids, for the fact of to make them faster, stronger, bigger, more powerful players, that can recover quicker....His Jaw has got huge, I always did notice that, T-mac for example never looked like he worked out very much, other than that "training video that was ridiculous", but T-Mac, Dirk, these guys for example never changed too much in their appearance, yes they were skinny coming into the L, but they look natural and grew into their bodies, I can't believe I even mention T-Mac, but, him, and Dirk (Which I'm not comparing) just came to me off the top of my head as non users, and plenty of others that don't use....But yea Dwade and his acne, and the face features, and him slowly tearing apart, breaking down, all signs of steroids negative attributes to the tendons, and such....man interesting I DON'T DOUBT IT, and I think that while it may not be like football, or baseball, maybe it is high like baseball, because when you look at baseball, you think the same thing well how do steroids make you have better hand ball eye contact, or whatever, but it makes you able to recover quickly, and stay in INCREDIBLE SHAPE...I think Tiger used steroids, and who knows that might cost him his chance at "Jack's Record"-not "the car crash" "girlfriend drama"....I don't know what the NBA tests for with steroids, but I bet they don't care if Kevin Love, LBJ, DWADE, Kobe (and his German MAGICIANS) etc. etc., etc. the list continues...I don't doubt it!

17. tolerance

tolerance Member

Professional athletes in every sport take performance enhancing drugs. There is a whole industry around providing athletes with drugs that will allow them to "beat the test" so to speak (like Lance Armstrong for example, who was doping more than anybody but never outright failed his tests). One of the days a former player in need of money, a la Jose Canseco, will come out and tell the media about how EVERYBODY is on something. That doesn't mean they're all shooting themselves up with steroids, but they're all taking stuff to make them faster and stronger that is if not strictly against the letter of the anti-drug rules, certainly against the spirit of them.

18. tolerance

tolerance Member

And also, apparent changes to muscle mass (obviously), facial shape, acne, constant injuries aren't necessarily proof of steroid use...you can't ever know for SURE based just on what you can see. Yes you can have reasonable suspicion, but you can never know. As has been said already bodies and faces do change as people get older for a variety of reasons.

19. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

we're not in court idiot, we are just discussing on a message board so we aren't trying to convict dwade of sterods beyond reasonable doubt. Like many of the topics we discuss/speculate

noob.

20. trowa

trowa Member

i mean, why not? he chew a lot of gum and his jaw muscle is probably really big.
    also, every year, he tear some part of his muscle at least few times in the last couple years, steroid users are prone to that