1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dust off Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, May 21, 2018.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow? That's a nightmare in print, Haymitch. :eek:

2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

3. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

My news flow on Ryan is so dated. Outside of a few gArbage time minutes and being left out of the rotation, is he even fully healthy?

And if so, can he still even shoot?

Sage

4. dwhite

dwhite Member

Anderson is an elite disciplined shooter who is our only hope of beating GS at GS ( like game 1 of the year). Guess who is not disciplined and it is costing us big time.....Gerald Green!!! Love him as a Houston hero in real life, but his lack of discipline is killing us. You can’t wing up wild out of control 3 pointers and play no defense against a legendary team like GS.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Anderson is Mr. Effort
    While
    Harden is Mr. NOT Trying

Mmmmmkay

Rocket River

6. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Omg. This post just made me cHuckle out loud.

There is something rather nonchalant about Harden that verges on lazy. Dunno if he really IS lazy or just that much more talented than 90% of the league. But harden truly often doesn’t look like he’s trying (to me).

7. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

But don’t u think GS would just “hunt” Anderson the way they did harden?

Anderson is slower footed and may as well be a slow big against a Curry or a Klay.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

yet people keep clamoring for him to get some time...there was even a thread about starting him over PJ Tucker recently o_O

this dude has been useless for awhile now, and it’s not gonna change all of the sudden in the WCF against GS

saleem likes this.
  9. dwhite

dwhite Member

Yes they would hunt him like they did in game 1 and that opens up lanes for Paul and Harden. Sorry for the bad analogy, but he is our Joe Ingles. He can be stopped, but they need to be on him at all times. When our offense was elite earlier in the year, Anderson was a significant part of it. Once he got hurt we have never been the same. Worst case we pray that he plays decent and we only have to then give up one first rounder instead of two first rounders to get his disappointing arse out of Houston.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The tragedy of Ryan Anderson is we really need him in for his size and defense. But, that alone is not enough without him being a competent, effective scorer. I mean this guy is paid to make 3 pointers and he's been useless in this area. I guess we blame his injury and not enough time to get back to form before the end of the regular season. But, damn, between him not showing up last playoffs and now not showing up here...ENOUGH!!! AHHH!!!!!

11. dwhite

dwhite Member

Agree, but we are going nowhere fast with Green so why not give it a shot with Anderson who has played very well this year against GS. He is a very very very very poor man’s Klay Thompson. His methodic style has worked in the past against the Warriors. If he continues to be scared to shoot then go with old man Johnson. Sad fact is that we may just not have the talent to match a historic team.

Surfguy likes this.
  12. SORF

SORF Member

I like to equate the Rocket offense to an engine. I have noticed when we have a healthy and 3 point hitting Anderson, the Rocket "engine" runs Smooth-N-Fast. Anderson is like the oil in an engine. But when he is out or off with his 3 point shot, our offense runs "rough". And for the life of me, I can't figure out why he makes a difference in our offense?

Surfguy likes this.
  13. Surfguy

Nicely said and couldn't agree more, man! Anderson is the x-factor.

14. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

Don't know whether Anderson is checked out or not - possibly is.

However, I get sick of people criticising his defence. He's actually serviceable, plus he's a decent rebounder - something that was sorely lacking in Game 3. He was one of the most ISOd people in the league earlier this season but did an above job in terms of points allowed/possession.

Yes if he isn't taking shots or his shot isn't falling, he will be a net negative...but don't just flat out say he's a terrible defender.

Little Bit likes this.
  15. dwhite

dwhite Member

I’ll tell you what makes Anderson so important for those who are wondering :). Very simple, when he doesn’t play we need Gordon to go off. If Gordon has an off night we lose. When Anderson used to play, he would sometimes counter an ineffective Gordon. It seemed like one or the other would light it up behind the arc. When both were on we would win by 30 easily and score 70 points by halftime. Now without Anderson we live and die by Gordon’s performance.

SORF and {icebox425} like this.
  16. Surfguy

A duel, shared x-factor. Interesting.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

nah jus send him to the local washeteria and hope he stays there

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Stretch 4s like Ryno are going to be non-existent in this league soon.

Nowadays a great stretch 4 is essentially an athletic guy who has a serviceable 3 point shot.

Ryno is too slow and can't play any defense. Add on top of that his mental weaknesses, you have a 20 mil stump that does nothing for you.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He can do what you have pointed out. I believe his attitude sucks. Yes, he isn't getting minutes, but he isn't playing with any energy either. Even 5 good minutes is better than nothing.

20. BackdoorHarden

WHY ARE YOU SO NEGATIVE ALL THE TIME???

ROAD RYNO