1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Durant to the Nets- Is it officially Rockets time?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pissed everyone off. they'll have the fire in the bellies for sure :rolleyes:

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. jayfree

jayfree Member

I'd rather the Rockets hold pact on their team than to blow pieces up just to make a change at this point. However, I wouldn't mind if they made a move to get a player with championship experience that can slide into a starters spot.

History has shown that a team doesn't get better by keeping the same players who haven't been able to win a ring. They sustain but eventually fade off. The Warriors got lucky that their team was able to gel early with young players and they still added Durant. The Raptors were the Cavs whipping boy in the playoffs (despite having years of regular season success) before throwing away their future for Kawhi- who won't stay with them. But to them the ring was worth it I'm sure.

Who is out there that the Rockets can get I have no clue- but even without Durant with the Warriors this current Rockets team has a mental makeup issue against the Dubs and Kawhi and if he does go to the Lakers then I don't see the Rockets winning a ring without a new guy that can will this team when it struggles late in big games.

I would love Klay but not happening. I would give up Capela, Gordon and PJ if it meant landing Kawhi but will never be. Many Cavs players like Tristen and Love are passed their primes but they may be the only players left in this bracket. Kevin Love could be beneficial and only then would I feel adding Butler to the mix. Love, PJ, Butler, Harden, Paul would be a small team to start but it's full of shooting and defensive weapons. We would miss Gordon on the bench still and would have to shore that up. Not sure if a full year of House will cover that, but Green and Rivers would be much needed still.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

warriors take a year off. kawhi goes to lakers.

I still think we can beat a kawhi/AD/lebron/kuzma team because they won't have any depth. if we use the NTMLE, the BAE, and sign shumpert to $13M (any more and a trade would be complicated by BYC) we will have an 8 man rotation vs their 4 plus 1 minimum wage starter. the warriors will have Steph/klay/iggy/dray for the playoffs and are still a contender, but they're starting to break down and they will lose all their depth (looney, livingston, cook and cousins) to free agency.

we have a window if we can stay healthy and add depth. however next summer the lakers will add depth and so will the warriors.

5. jayfree

jayfree Member

With Durant gone I would love to see the Warriors pay Cousins long term. That would ensure that they don't win another ring during that time

smoothie likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

youre speaking of the lakers depth and at the moment, the rockets depth atm is just as bad if not worse. the rockets absolutely need to improve

Denovo likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I liked that team last year. I like this team this year.

8. Denovo

Denovo Member

.....Delete this

9. cebu

cebu Member

with harden iso game, we're a joke team

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I mean , you like D’Antoni so it doesn’t really say much

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

exactly.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

my team, right or wrong!

J Sizzle likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

Will have to see what Leonard does. If Leonard goes to the Lakers then no.

14. pippsux

pippsux Member

Doesn't help us one bit, unless we make a splash via trade. Rockets stock is low right now, we need a major boost.

Denovo and amaru like this.
  15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

It is finally our time. Rockets window just creaked open a little more.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i wonder if not having to pay KD will now allow GS to pay looney his going rate

RyanB likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Everything works out in the end for GSW so probably

RyanB and pippendagimp like this.
  18. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Last time I checked Rockets still couldn't beat Warriors without Durant. How does this change anything?

19. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

This dude has broken stuff from all major sports has industry level sources i trust him. DON'T trust that Arye kid hes a lakers fan boy

luckyman76 and pippendagimp like this.
  20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, he can add House and Green to that list anyhow.