1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Durant/Barkley analogy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

While true it was a trade, he did basically force the trade and we were on a list of teams he would approve a trade to.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Michael Jordan, lol, and he wasn't even from Chicago. He'd want to win at all costs against his competition... and while you're right, Durant didn't promise anything and also handled it better with no TV show.. LeBron didn't join a 73-9 team and he also was the only player on the Cavs worth a **** at the time.

Also, OKC will be fine with no Durant (not fine but not #1 lotto bound either). And if you recall... Miami wasn't exactly on fire that season prior to bosh/james joining, they also weren't even a rivalry in the playoffs. OKC/GSWs had potential to be great series for years to come. Instead of having good playoffs between SAS/OKC/GSWs we now just have 2 teams in the West worth a ****, maybe OKC could get lucky and Westbrook play harder or LAC not fall apart... But it basically is now going to be boring Eastern Conference ball, GSWs and Cavs are a lock atm.

Durant is as free as any player to go where ever he wants, I'd just rather him want to be the man, especially when he criticized James openly for doing the same **** he just did. I'd also would have liked to see the east have a team, I'm a Rocket fan first, but let's be honest... The Rockets are not at GSWs/SASs/Cavs level.

KD still has years to chase rings and even if he wins with this team it won't look as good to fans that remember older teams. Hell even LeBron doing it this last one was great (and I guarantee it's more special to him than the Heat ones, cavs weren't favored at all). And honestly I just want to see competitive basketball, especially since the Rockets aren't doing **** atm.

I also kind of thought he'd do a 1+1 in OKC for one more try, it's not like he's old man river or something.

PS if I owned a KD jersey I wouldn't burn it or something stupid, I just really don't like hearing GSWs lunch menu daily during the season, so it was nice seeing 73-9 get broken and not win, because the 72-10 Bulls would have been too physical for the Warriors.

3. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

There isn't anything like what KD just did the other day. Nothing like what he did in NBA history.

4. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Playoff Hakeem was different, too. David Robinson can speak to that, among many others.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Weirdest NBA offseason in history.